• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tracking

I know the CTR should have 4 wheel lazer allignment but I am getting wear on the outer edge of my front wheels, if my local tyre fitters adjust my front camber to correct this, will it muck up the cars geometry?....or would it be better to get all 4 wheels alligned?

Personally mate I'd get all 4 wheels aligned. For £60 its going to cost, its cheper than replaces tyres at £80-100 a corner.

Sibine said:
Personally mate I'd get all 4 wheels aligned. For £60 its going to cost, its cheper than replaces tyres at £80-100 a corner.

Cheers mate, I thought it was closer to £100, I live near Croydon, can you recomend anyone?

I agree that a full four-wheel alignment would be better, but actually if it's only the front camber that's out then you could just get that sorted and re-adjust the toe to suit.

There isn't much (well, any) adjustment built in as standard though so if it's bad enough to be causing odd tyre wear then you'll need to get adjustable camber bolts fitted.

How far are you from Fleet, Hants? I'd suggest a trip to TGM would be well worthwhile... :idea:

Evs said:
I agree that a full four-wheel alignment would be better, but actually if it's only the front camber that's out then you could just get that sorted and re-adjust the toe to suit.

There isn't much (well, any) adjustment built in as standard though so if it's bad enough to be causing odd tyre wear then you'll need to get adjustable camber bolts fitted.

How far are you from Fleet, Hants? I'd suggest a trip to TGM would be well worthwhile... :idea:

The tyres are only budget quality but they were only fitted about four months ago.....will definatly go for 4 wheel alignment but just need to do my homework and find somewhere a bit closer than Hants...can anyone help? I am in Wallington,Sutton, nr Croydon

Thanks for your feedback :wink:

You're only talking 45mins to an hour to TGM and it's deffo worth getting down there as they are superb with all things suspension/geometry mate.

HASNIC said:
You're only talking 45mins to an hour to TGM and it's deffo worth getting down there as they are superb with all things suspension/geometry mate.

Thanks mate...I'd rather have the job done right the first time....I'm on holiday this week but will get on to TGM as soon as I get back.......thanks again 8)

RSR Croydon will do it for £25, I asked if that was per wheel but they assured me that this was the price all in.....RSR are only 10 mins from me and it seems very cheap.....It's booked in for friday so will let you know what happens

Back