• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Traction Control on or off?

....If you want to demonstrate the true potential of the type R?? would traction control slow you down around corners and straights? Obviously I understand that traction control uses the engine and brakes to slow down faster spinning wheels? but I still dont know the answer to this?

Any thoughts?

Well no Im nott a **** driver, although I'd find it hard to believe anyone would admit to being a **** driver... All i'm saying is, would the TC slow your car down if you are a good driver?

If by traction control you mean VSA, then yes it would.

If it feels the front wheels starting to spin up it cuts the power, but you've got a right foot for that. I came from an EP3 and they don't have VSA, so I was used to not having it.

VSA also has an annoying habit of applying the rear brakes to stabilise the car if it feels it getting out of shape. That is one reason why the rear alloys seem to get dusty before the fronts (I also have the opinion that the rear pads might be a bit softer...). Some people have said they get better MPG with VSA off because of this! :lol:

I got used to the car for about a month, getting a feeling the weight of the car in bends as it handles quite a bit differently from my old EP3, but now I turn VSA off as soon as I get in the car. I've also had the FRSU done which has improved the handling immensely.

Oh and by the way, the anti-lock brakes do not get turned off with the VSA and cannot be turned off. Good decision IMO. :smt023

If by traction control you mean VSA, then yes it would.

If it feels the front wheels starting to spin up it cuts the power, but you've got a right foot for that. I came from an EP3 and they don't have VSA, so I was used to not having it.

VSA also has an annoying habit of applying the rear brakes to stabilise the car if it feels it getting out of shape. That is one reason why the rear alloys seem to get dusty before the fronts (I also have the opinion that the rear pads might be a bit softer...). Some people have said they get better MPG with VSA off because of this! :lol:

I got used to the car for about a month, getting a feeling the weight of the car in bends as it handles quite a bit differently from my old EP3, but now I turn VSA off as soon as I get in the car. I've also had the FRSU done which has improved the handling immensely.

Oh and by the way, the anti-lock brakes do not get turned off with the VSA and cannot be turned off. Good decision IMO. :smt023

yeah sorry i mean VSA.... Whats FRSU?? Its a pitty the car doesnt recognise that youve turned the VSA off from the previous journey...Pity you have to keep turning it off... Little annoying! But understandable for someone who relys on Traction assistance. Its going to be a pain for one of the 2 groups of people...

I leave mine on all the time, just incase it all goes pear shaped, it might save me, my car or someone else. I'd never rely on it though.

Fair point... But then again, i never had a problem with out of control wheel spin in the dry with my EP3, so I dont see why it would make a difference now. Understandable, It would be left on in adverse weather conditions.

It's not "traction control", it's "vehicle stability assist", while it does include TC there's more to it.

Back