• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tramlining?

hi guys,

Loving the EP3 Type-R i picked up just before xmas, fantastic car.
One thing i've noticed though, and i dont know if its just me or if there is anything wrong....

The car does like to twitch a little, and i dont just mean under "heavy throttle". I can be cruising along at 40 and it'll pull slightly to the sides (either side, doesn't just pull in one direction).

Worth getting checked or do they tramline quite a lot with the 17" wheels?

**EDIT**
Just noticed the steering rack thread, working my way through all the pages......

Last edited by a moderator:
got a garage down the road that does 4 wheel alignment, not sure wether to go and let them have a butchers.
Got a years warranty on the car, so will get my mate to check out the steering rack (if thats possible?)

The tramlining issue is a common occurence on the EP3 fella. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Because the wheels are positioned so far forward and right at the front of the chassis it is unfortunately very 'camber concious'. Pain in the rear end at times when your on the motorway and get slung around from the lorry tramlines but don't let this put you off!!

Well i got a mate thats an ex race driver, and owns his own garage now, might get him to have a look at it and see what he thinks. Will let you all know if i get any feedback

Right, not had my mate (ex race driver/mechanic) look at the car yet but i told him about the pulling, and that there were over 10 pages on our forum relating to the same issue.

Now, this may be nothing, but he asked if the car had electric/electronic power steering.
Apparently he's had the same issue when he was fixing an old corsa a while back and it was something to do with the electronic power steering. Needed resetting or new software or something like that.

No idea if that makes any sense to anyone?

Right, not had my mate (ex race driver/mechanic) look at the car yet but i told him about the pulling, and that there were over 10 pages on our forum relating to the same issue.

Now, this may be nothing, but he asked if the car had electric/electronic power steering.
Apparently he's had the same issue when he was fixing an old corsa a while back and it was something to do with the electronic power steering. Needed resetting or new software or something like that.

No idea if that makes any sense to anyone?

When my EP3 was brand new it still pulled to the contours of the road. Worse so when I was driving it as a normal car. There is nothing wrong with it just a characteristic of an EP3 ;)

Back