• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trikes DC5

Gidday from Tasmania. First run in the latest purchase and I wasn't expecting this. But kept it off the wall and continued on. Spun on the next run too. Discovered there was no Oil in the left front shock! Much money spent bringing Type R DC5 back to be nice to drive fast (on going) but it's getting there. Glad to be here. Thanks for the add.:)

Attachments

• 27654986_10155566770389412_8620053040415935758_n.jpg
    27654986_10155566770389412_8620053040415935758_n.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 65
Woah! Nice save though!

Are you competing in time trials on closed public roads? What is the spec of the DC5?

For the previous 4 years I've run a Proton Gti in the State Hill Climb Series here and for 4 years I've run 2nd, 3rd or 4th to mainly a DC5 Integra. Then the one pictured popped up on FB Marketplace and after reading the Spec, Wins and Records twice it was an easy 'buy it now'. Most of our Hill Climbs are on Public Roads but one in particular is on a closed Circuit Baskerville Raceway. Anyway I've gone on to win both Time Attack Events so far this year and in the last I finished 3rd Outright and missed the Track Record by less the 7000th of a second but I'll have that next time out as the car still isn't 'there' yet but, it has truckloads of power which the GTi didn't have but the GTi would run rings around the Integra for handling. But it's only early days (I've had the car since February).

Spec List :
Full Toda Built K20 Type R.

1m 21s at Queensland Raceway, 58s at Lakeside. 2011 QR Sports and Sedans Winner, 2012 QR Sports and Sedans Third, 2009 fastest street FWD Superlap Oran Park. Bucket loads of QR Street and Open Sprints Wins. Race ready, extremely reliable, ran BP Ultimate*

2018 Winner of Time Attack (Rounds 1 & 2). Fastest FWD Outright. 3rd Outright at last Event. Presently Time Attack Series Leader
2018 3rd after One Round State Hill Climb Series (first day in the Honda)

TODA Racing K20A DC5 Type R Sports Injection Kit (Quad Throttles) incl Carbon Surge Tank, 50mm Throttle Butterflies + 33mm Trumpets
M&S Motorsport Carbon Intake with K&N Filter
TODA Carbon Trumpet Cover
TODA Racing Exhaust
TODA Racing Lightweight Flywheel & Exedy Clutch Kit
TODA Racing 2150cc increased capacity kit - 87.00 x 90.70
TODA SPL 90.7mm stroker crank, Forged NiCr centre feed I beam connecting rods, 87.00mm High compression forged pistons.
Static & dynamic balanced.
TODA Racing anti G-Force oil pan
TODA Racing Spec F camshaft (Incl cams + springs + HD timing chain tensioner)
TODA Racing Free Adjusting Exhaust Cam Sprocket
TODA Racing SPL valve guide set
TODA Racing 0.6mm (87.50) stopper type head gasket
Supertech Titanium valve spring retainer
Greddy Oil Cooler kit
Hasport Billet engine mounts
Hondata K-Pro ECU
300mm Endless Slotted 2 Piece Rotors, 6 pot Calipers
Gruppe M Intake adapted to Quads
Rays CE28N Lightweight 17x8.5
Dunlop 255/45/R17 Slicks* (replaced with A050)
Defi Triple Din Guages
Intake Porting
Exhaust Porting
KAAZ 1.5 Way LSD
Whiteline 24mm Rear Swaybar
D2 Racing Rear Camber Arms
Cusco 25mm Front sway Bar
Zeal Race Suspension with Hypercoils* (replaced)
Driveshaftshop 2.9 Axles
Mfactory Final Drive
K-Tuned Billet Shifter
Bonds Cage.
Sparco (LICO) Race Seat
O-Range Real Time Tire Temp and Pressure Monitors
RPM 5 Point Harness.
Exel-Plus Polytetraflurolene (Teflon based) Gear Box and Engine Additive (lowered friction, improved response +9hp atw)
Torque Master Star Series Plugs (+2.2 hp per cylinder more than NGK or Iridiums)
Water Wetter (5hp atw)
Hard Race Shortened Steering Arms for correcting Camber Toe Settings
Hard Race Roll Centre Adjusting Ball Joints.
Custom Dual Element Rear Wing (low drag)
Rivers Run Half Size 220cca Battery relocated from Truck to front passenger foot well.
A050 Semi Slicks M up front GS out back (current tyres are 4 y/o 255/40/17)
Yellow Speed Premium Competition Coil Overs
Plastic Windscreen - no Glass in the Type R it's all plastic windows!
Firestorm Electronic Filter/Stabiliser

My Engine Tuner says we will add another 50 hp after I've got the Type R Steering and Handling the way I want it.
(Turn in - Rotate the back end and on the gas by the Apex) it's not there yet.
Presently running 248hp atw @ 4700 to 9600 on 98 Octane.
309hp expected and it will rev to 10300, it's plenty fast now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm Yeah heck of a car (and my first Honda). It's won a lot of big races (read all of them). I'm having trouble getting pics up. Haven't worked it out yet. Can email some pics to you in the mean time perhaps. Just need to get it steering nicer - work in progress. Cheers Scotty (see what I mean with pics)? All I can get up is some code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you done any mods to increase castor? You can get custom top mounts which give you a fair amount and it dramatically improves the front end of the car.

I've not done anything. But the previous owner has. We are still sorting the Front End issue's. Caster atm is set at 2.5. We will get the Camber and Bump Steer issue's sorted first then but atm it's hooking up well. That's not to say things will change as I'm always chasing improvements.

Back