• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Trip to the Nurburgring

No anymore. The law has changed apparently.
What's changed Chris? As far as I was aware you still need at the minimum 2 breathalyser, bulb kit, triangle, Hi viz, beam adapters.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

What's changed Chris? As far as I was aware you still need at the minimum 2 breathalyser, bulb kit, triangle, Hi viz, beam adapters.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I know not long ago it was a requirement for 2 breathalysers... but there wasn't a breathalyser that was approved by the French police. So it was all a bit of a grey area.
I only think bulb kits are required in some eastern bloc countries
Hi viz for every occupant and a warning triangle is a must. Can't believe that's not legal requirement here.
I've never bothered with beam adaptor stickers because they don't work. Set the beam setting to 3 and avoid driving at night.

Love the place, its took me 11 years to visit again, then twice in a month lol

Last but 1 day of our tour of the Alps we made a visit, then I went back with some work mates for 5 days about 3 weeks later

Did plan on going again September but have ran out of days off :(

I used AirBnB and stopped 10 mins away from the ring in this amazing place (pic below)

The other lads stopped in Adenau, which was ideal for eating out as previously mentioned.
7455f8fa918c5d9aef826136cbac2c2d.jpg
064f2213cd11d5dae62336890333670d.jpg
d1096bdc63da350682fb9743c0648760.jpg
19999e987b707c08c19687c994fea61f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last time I looked it was all silly money, so I've never bothered with it and taken the risk.

Thats acceptable.

I've been seeing figures of £400+. to insure a £25,000 vehicle for a day. Jokers.

And even then it's £5000 excess and won't cover my passenger, or track damage, or third party injuries or legal fees.

I realise none of the above is surprising, but still :(

Track insurance usually only covers your own car, no 3rd party, legal or injury claims etc.

Found out the other night that the Gästehaus Fuchsröhre (fox hole guesthouse) has a new owner and the recent reviews are less than inspiring.

To that end I have booked a linden park house for friends and I later this year.

Not stayed there for a few years but it’s always a pleasant stay.

77e1be6104baacf7d170100ba75cde57.jpg

I plan to do this at some point next year (maybe even this year...). What are the associated costs for a full trip like that?

The car will be freshly serviced, with close to new tyres and brake pads. So mechanical stuff out the way, what is left?

1. Fuel
2. Ferry
3. Accomodation
4. Track time
5. ???

I always thought it's around the £800-£1000 mark all in.

You're pretty much spot on with that estimate.

I got a cheap trip last year as I used Airbnb and it cost me £88 for 4 nights, paid £65 for ferry, I had €150 left from a previous trip and spent £220 on fuel and £21 on a lap.

This time I was staying with Airbnb in June for 7 nights for £250, was going on Euro tunnel for £150 and then spending money and fuel on top would take it to about £900-1000.

I have cancelled it though as I am going in August as well, and want to use the money on the 2nd Civic haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan to do this at some point next year (maybe even this year...). What are the associated costs for a full trip like that?

The car will be freshly serviced, with close to new tyres and brake pads. So mechanical stuff out the way, what is left?

1. Fuel
2. Ferry
3. Accomodation
4. Track time
5. ???

I always thought it's around the £800-£1000 mark all in.

Similar to my guestimation for Spa later in the year. Might even just take Dave instead and enjoy it without worrying about 'What if...'.

If you are smart, then bring an extra set of pads and brake discs. So often will these fail, even if brand new when going and it can be difficult to get spares at the ring, unless you know a lot of the "hidden" places. Even if you dont need the pads or discs, there is always someone else that do, so good chance you can sell them.

Back