• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tripometer reset button

This morning started car up and noticed outside temperature displayed on the dash. No matter how many times I pressed the reset button, it refuses to display anything else. Does this mean I require a new cluster? Any help/advice appreciated.

Doubt you would need a new cluster.

I can't remember the display on the EP3 as it's been a while. You normally push the button and it cycles trip A, B, odo and temp?

IIRC if it is under 3C it stays on temp for a bit then it will cycle or maybe it is just some damp behind the button with the weather we've had recently.

thanks for replying. Took car out for run still displaying outside temp on dash. This function was never requested. However with a lot of pressure on reset button it has finally returned to displaying mileage.

Mine does the same when it is cold and damp. I suspect it is probably the contact is a bit gunked up. Once the heater has been on for a while and it is warm it seems to work better.

Back