• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

To read about my first EP3 read on....
To continue the story about my second EP3 click here

Hi guys,
some might remember me from a previous post about my ep3 but it's all sorted now and I decided to keep it :)

So after scanning all these sexaaaay car threads of yours, I thought I would make one for my first project :)

Here's a few pics of when I got her... (images from the advert)

So she was off the road for a whole month after buying her while I sorted out some issues with my gearbox and possible previous accident... after getting some help on forums and a lot of thinking on my part and then getting her checked over, I decided to keep her.
I then sourced a gearbox on gumtree for £275 got that fitted a week later as well as a new clutch, and finally got my car MOT'd and Tax'd - that meant after a month of no car.. I could finally drive her, it made me slightly nervous actually if I'm honest, the long drive home from picking her up originally with only gears 1, 2, 5 & 6 made me dislike the car from the get go :( I got lost and couldn't drive properly, I was seeing red... as well as making stupid crunchy noises and revving like mad when 4th gear decided to not work in traffic :mad:

300 miles later that day, I was in LOVVVE! Her new gearbox and clutch made her actually driveable :lol:
I then set about doing theeee most important thing I'd been looking forward to doing since getting her.... Put on my epic stickers I got at modified nationals the month before!

I then set about finding a plug for my back window... the back window wiper I realised was broken.. After 5mins of driving it would hang down and look like a tail, if you decided to try and use it, it wagged like one too... was tempted to make a feature of it, but then decided otherwise ;)- rear wiper delete! After meeting some local guys who were into their cars, one had a spare which he kindly gave me and so my car was 1 wiper less :) and it was free.... it wasn't black though so with a little nail polish it soon was :)
As I have never had a decent car (as in.. one I actually wanted to clean myself) I didn't have anything or the faintest idea about cleaning a car.. other than a car wash or fairy liquid and a hose and sponge... I met some guys who were OCD about their cars and had a million and one boxes full of car cleaning products, I set about giving my car it's first clean since owning it and my first - hard work/effort car cleaning ever! I actually find it so much fun and very rewarding.. I need to get my own products and not spend 7HOURS! doing it with someone else's stuff.. (opinions? advice? personal preferences? appreciated)
I also managed to change my sticker I got at modified nationals from a pink one (I'm not a pink type of chick but the only one available there) to a white one I found at the Scottish Car Show
Unfortunately I was told to change my headlights as the ones currently fitted weren't *safe* enough wiring wise.. so had to buy the pre facelift lights and fit them in... (MOT guys words) although I will be putting my facelift lights back on when I can find someone who has a clue what they are doing with them :)

Almost up to speed now, 2 weeks ago was getting my brakes done, then noticed my callipers really need a new paint job... and after deciding I was going to get an induction kit at some point when I could afford a decent one... I woke up scrolled facebook and saw some guy breaking up his EP3... AEM V2 induction kit was for sale, and CHEEAAP! well.. cheap enough for me to message him saying... mine mine mine mine please thanks :D
Last week it came, I almost hugged the delivery guy, he looked very scared of my excitable face for my parcel :D maybe I was jumping up and down too much as he was coming up the path or the fact I snatched it out his hands.. either way he made my day. Thunder and lightening of course... so of course it was a race down the road to the petrol station to sit and fit it on :D vrrrooooom - my car sounds a lot nicer now :D (photos to be uploaded once my engine bay has had a bit of a clean, it's really disgusting)

Yesterday was the changing of the CD players, I didn't like the one the previous owner had put in so I decided to take the one I bought out my clio and put it in the civic and vice versa :D

She isn't actually too bad, a few niggly things that really bother me, like the splitter needs redone as does the bonnet and I have a list of the mods I want to do but funds are pretty low... as in.. NONE! but watch this space :) - first thing to buy this week will be a tax disc holder because apparently having it on my dash wasn't enough and I woke up to a £100 fine yesterday.. boooo!!

Trixi ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome, very nice car you have there and sounds like you are enjoying it since you have had your gear box sorted. Great work so far well done:)

Looks pretty tidy now you've put pictures up. :smt023

Good news about the new gearbox sorting the issues but a shame about the facelift lights, they look much better IMHO.

Good work

Is there option of looking at wiring in the facelift lights properly?

They do look a lot smarter IMO.

Liking the white wheels though!

Hello and welcome, very nice car you have there and sounds like you are enjoying it since you have had your gear box sorted. Great work so far well done:)

Thanks so much and yeah enjoying it tooo much :D

Looks pretty tidy now you've put pictures up. :smt023

Good news about the new gearbox sorting the issues but a shame about the facelift lights, they look much better IMHO.

Good work

Is there option of looking at wiring in the facelift lights properly?

They do look a lot smarter IMO.

Liking the white wheels though!

Thanks :) - I am really gutted about my facelift headlights, which are in my boot awaiting someone who knows about wiring a prefacelift car with facelift lights.. without it costing me a small fortune. I know it's defo possible, but I haven't the faintest and to be honest, I'm such a noob at this I'm not sure I would give it a try :p but I totally agree they look better!

Hello and welcome, looks good. Glad you are enjoying your EP3 now it's fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks very tidy! You enjoying your new v-tec noise? :lol:

It sounds AMAZING :D

although unfortunately we have a terrible update...

The car and myself had an argument with an owl, a grass verge and then a barrier... (terrible war story, and we didn't even happen to be speeding or on a bad road)

Unfortunately the owl died, although I went back to find him a give him a good cursing...

This is the damage (the back panel has been pushed out A LOT so far...) so this is actually improvement, and I have got my back bumper back on too... (which I had to go back and get from the middle of the road along with my wing mirror...)

so here are my devastating photos...

My mate works for (parent's own) a recovery company so luckily I got transport back to friend's where we fixed it up (police refused to let me drive)

My bumper came clean off, marks from hitting the ground but not broken

Marks from the barrier... (this has been pushed out A LOT)

Still not right, more work to do to it...

My wing mirror from the dam owl...

Along side that - I buckled an alloy :(

I have so far ordered, wing mirror (came today even though bought yesterday YAY!), new alloy, new rear light cluster...

Open to opinions on all this.. also do you believe that your car can have it's own luck/karma? It seems ever since getting this car it's been one thing after another... better to break her and sell and get another or just fixed up? I'm so confused right now :(

Trixi

Best bet is to get the repair priced up,see what it's going to cost and go from there. Also worth considering the time and space needed to split the car and weigh up what the car currently and would owe you to what it would cost to get another car.

You've started I the right way though, used parts are definately the route to go, the rear wing is going to be the deal clincher, that could be what decides whether you repair or split it.

You've started I the right way though, used parts are definately the route to go, the rear wing is going to be the deal clincher, that could be what decides whether you repair or split it.

Thanks for your input. So far it's just the cost of parts i'll be out of pocket for, my mates and I are doing the jobs ourselves.
The definite deal breaker for me is the panel, and the only thing that actually upsets me :( (the whole time the car was fish tailing all I kept thinking was don't break my car, don't break my car haha) I guess I will have another go at popping the ding out and then try touching the paint up and take it from there... If I do decide to break the car up, I have the space in my garden and the time for it (with help from some mates) and a clio to drive in the mean time but I'm not sure I have the heart to do it...

this is defo turning into a project car now haha!

Definately a project car now. Atleast you've got plenty of people to help, that'll make the project and repair much more bearable.

The main thing is you're ok, easier said when it's not my car I know but that's the most important thing.

I have a mechanical minded mate and one that's good with a hammer, and I'm logical so we'll figure it out :)
I'm actually fine, and wasn't even in shock (it was my first time being out of control of my car) all I was upset about was the car... priorities hehe!

My new wing mirror will be on today, and no deliveries of anything else today so have to wait till Monday for the rest... booo!

Don't get your hopes up Mondays a bank holiday ;)

I don't believe this is the case in Scotland, if parts were sourced locally it's very likely they will get delivered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't believe this is the case in Scotland, if parts were sourced locally it's very likely they will get delivered.

You made me worried there for a second!! Yeah it's not a bank holiday in Scotland on Monday, although the parts were sourced in England (ebay job). They should've been 48hr courier sent on Friday (bought Thursday) so I'm hoping for Monday still...

Fingers crossed for me :)

My wing mirror is now fitted with no trouble at all thanks to a helpful guide on here :) looks good

Just need my delivery to come tomorrow and I can drive my car again (would get pulled for no back lights :( ) although on the positive side, I'm saving money by not wasting it on fuel instead :p

Trixi :)

Dam wildlife:eek:! I get paranoid about deer running infront of me as it happened to a mate of mine once and it left a right mess of his car. Good you are getting your car sorted though Trixi nice one;)

Dam wildlife:eek:! I get paranoid about deer running infront of me as it happened to a mate of mine once and it left a right mess of his car. Good you are getting your car sorted though Trixi nice one;)

My first encounter properly with something on the road, maybe not such a good reaction.. next time.. death to them all mwhahahaha! a front splitter would've been better to replace :D

Well it's a bank holiday for you guys down south so my parts didn't come (yet but guessing it's too late now)! Fingers crossed tomorrow...

The alloys coming are in silver/grey... do I respray them myself? or be lazy and maybe put two grey ones on the back xD (I have four coming, so i'll have spares haha) I'm soo new at this *sigh* any ideas on respraying and getting them all nice looking?

I would just put the silver ones on the rear for now..... Maybe set a new trend,rears silver and fronts white haha.
Then when you have some free cash get all four refurbed and powdercoated in a new colour....... Or if your staying with white and your fronts are tidy you only need to pay for two to be done

Back