• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

Nice wee touches your doing to the motor pal.
Can't reccomend spooner enough, Paul's brilliant at what he does and has some cool wee ideas.
Get some pictures up of the car let us see it.

Nice wee touches your doing to the motor pal.
Can't reccomend spooner enough, Paul's brilliant at what he does and has some cool wee ideas.
Get some pictures up of the car let us see it.

Cheers, yeah just personalising her a little bit at a time :) plus I can't help buying little bits here and there because it doesn't feel like I'm spending as much :p

I'm still searching his page and google for ideas and inspiration but have narrowed it down to 3 ideas, all completely different from each other... shame I don't have mock examples so I could stare at them and decide...

I have my first lot of photos of her up on page 12.... post #112 -it was her first clean and I haven't really taken any more of her since because she's all dirty...

Engine bay clean coming up soon (with the help of an awesome thread on here on what to wrap up before dowsing your engine bay in Gunk which I now know what that is :p) and i'll do the outside too and get some more photos up soon, just waiting for the slush and snow to clear :)

Aye I seen them after I posted.
School boy error.

Lol yea not the most nicest of names 'gunk' but its good stuff.
I didn't think anywhere else had snow/slush left.

Was out in jimbos ep3 and must admit, it's very tempting.

Still snowy up in Scotland?
Been fine but cold down here this week:D

I'm in the Borders but yeah snowed a day ago, had to wipe off a few inches off my car in the morning :( and still slushy in places and yukky.. my car is just splattered and gross :(

Aye I seen them after I posted.
School boy error.

Lol yea not the most nicest of names 'gunk' but its good stuff.
I didn't think anywhere else had snow/slush left.

Was out in jimbos ep3 and must admit, it's very tempting.

Haha no probs :)

I'd never heard of it... just paranoid i'll wet something that shouldn't be wet hahaha but i'll go buy some and give it a shot :p

I've seen his build thread... :smt023 it's nice :)

Hey, spoke to you on facebook before Christmas, used to own your previous ep3 many years ago.
see you have moved on, looks like a tidy one you have now,
hope you have more luck with this one, looking good.

Hey, spoke to you on facebook before Christmas, used to own your previous ep3 many years ago.
see you have moved on, looks like a tidy one you have now,
hope you have more luck with this one, looking good.

Hey xD

Yes always nice to meet previous owner and find out what actually happened to it... Think she was jinxed!
Taught me to be more picky and I got a decent one this time haha... silver lining :lol:

---------

So my password JDM battery tie came today... stupid ebay sent the wrong size... grrr :mad:
So I am now awaiting the one that actually fits to come... with a matching oil cap to make myself feel better about having to wait :lol:

Got my second set of Tegiwa washers and stuck them on tonight too....

This weeks task is to clean my engine bay, and learn enough about brakes to make an informed choice on what to buy :lol:

Trix

ok so I've done the engine bay (to an extent) fitted my new battery tie and oil cap and such.

Proceeded to clean the outside (as you can tell from the engine bay photo it was a STATE! ) also put on my plates, and then I took her down the park for a little photo or twenty :lol:

Here are my results :)

-Engine bay-

-Exterior-

I don't like my rear plate now it's on... It's too big and not quite wide enough :( makes me sad

My sexy stickers (which I've had grief over... sigh)

The SHINE :smt055 (This is the photo where you park up to go in a shop ,then turn round and fall in love all over again and have to take a photo :lol: )

Trix

I got some 12x6 plates from eBay for my FD2, they are much kinder on the eye in that size but the lettering is slightly smaller to get them on the plate.

The ones you have are usually on 4x4s etc with the proper sized lettering and spacing and therefore road legal, whereas the 12x6 plates depend on whether you get a picky traffic cop. :oops: (legal on imports though strangely enough)

I got some 12x6 plates from eBay for my FD2, they are much kinder on the eye in that size but the lettering is slightly smaller to get them on the plate.

The ones you have are usually on 4x4s etc with the proper sized lettering and spacing and therefore road legal, whereas the 12x6 plates depend on whether you get a picky traffic cop. :oops: (legal on imports though strangely enough)

Yeah this was an online job and I never even thought about it... :smt076 - I swear I drive myself demented by not thinking things through and just get over excited :lol:

I will defo be changing these.... Don't really get traffic cops where I live... only get visits out on the roads when someone has complained about being over taken by a few cars obviously sticking to the speed limit and driving very carefully to their destination line :lol:

Great looking car, love the NHB best colour when clean . I like your red clalipers and the red h centre caps for the wheels

McSherryMan

Great looking car, love the NHB best colour when clean . I like your red clalipers and the red h centre caps for the wheels

McSherryMan

NHB is my fav colour by far... I'm actually planning on changing my caliper colour and H badge colours... already spoken to mook about colour change of my stickers and such.
Working on plans before anything is final though :)

-----

The more I look the more I hate my plates :smt011

I like the front plate, but not sure on the back plate... I will be painting my clalipers at the end of the month bright red. . Good luck with the colour change, can't wait to see the updates

McSherryMan

Front plate looks good to me. Personally I'd have the standard shape plate on the back as I think it suits the rear more, especially with the recess.

Looks a really clean car :smt023

Back