• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

Engine bay is coming on nicely Trix.

The plates do look a bit square rather than rectangular, but that's a quick fix and the reg. itself is spot on.

Looking good. The trick to NHB is lots of wax to minimise the wash times!

I completely forgot to say when I spotted it; your front badge is actually just the facelift grill without a badge. That's how it's shaped underneath the badge, somebody has just painted it. One of the previous owners has clearly put a lot of time into this car, a full facelift front end is a big undertaking.

I think I can guess what colour your brakes are going, fine choice :lol:. Hammerite in that colour works great. Also, in case you are painting other things, Nissan intense **** pearl works really well with NHB.

Engine bay is coming on nicely Trix.

The plates do look a bit square rather than rectangular, but that's a quick fix and the reg. itself is spot on.

I'm going out tomorrow with some different numbers to try on the car before I settle on plates this time round :p
undecided on just changing the rear one or what I'm doing :lol:

Looking good. The trick to NHB is lots of wax to minimise the wash times!

I completely forgot to say when I spotted it; your front badge is actually just the facelift grill without a badge. That's how it's shaped underneath the badge, somebody has just painted it. One of the previous owners has clearly put a lot of time into this car, a full facelift front end is a big undertaking.

I think I can guess what colour your brakes are going, fine choice :lol:. Hammerite in that colour works great. Also, in case you are painting other things, Nissan intense **** pearl works really well with NHB.

Yes it is a very much loved car which is exactly what I was looking for, she's been loved by the owner before me for 4 years... his dad owns a bodyshop or something and resprayed it 9 months ago as well.
Nice to know about the badge - I've had people ask me, and I just say *shrug* :lol:

ahh thanks for the tips on paint :p - it's still a while away... currently feel like she's put together pretty well now so I don't feel so antsy to do stuff to her now.

I defo have a list of things I want to do though...

Think the next few things are, tyres, brakes, painting stuff (rocker cover, calipers and such), tegiwa intake :D

Went away for a drive with her near and about St. Mary's loch today... so nice to finally just relax and enjoy my car properly :smt055

A few issues though... my lights keep getting condensation in them and it looks terrible... drill a hole?

Aaaaaand my rubber bit around my passenger window (at the top) got jammed up with the window going up and is now twisted and stuck... (terrible explanation :lol:) tried to pull it out and sort it, but it doesn't want to go back into place now :( will get a photo up to explain tomorrow...

Trix <3

Cars looking really good now and coming along nicely. Bet your loving this once and the fact you can actually enjoy driving it without all the hassle like last time. What's planned next then? X

St. Mary's FTMFW!

The lights probably aren't genuine Honda, hence the condensation. You have two options; put them in the oven to melt the seal then dry them up and reseal, or drill a hole. The first is undoubtedly the better solution, but it is a big job, it also has the potential for MAJOR disaster. I'd personally try to find a discreet place in the back to drill a hole.

For the window seal get your hands on a dental pick/scaler, they are cheap on ebay and an incredibly useful thing to have around the house.

Looking good Trix,

That engine bay looks a lot better. I would probably go for a standard rearplate, have you thought about smoothing the front bumper and positioning theplate to the side? Overall lookingsmart.

Looks like you have some nice roads near you, I have the North YorkshireMoors to play on, If you have seen this week’s Top Gear where Clarkson drovethe moors in the BMW i8.... That’s my favourite local road to me, lots oftwists and turns, some short straights for cheeky overtaking manoeuvres and agood pub in the middle with good food and real ale mmmm :D/

St. Mary's FTMFW!

The lights probably aren't genuine Honda, hence the condensation. You have two options; put them in the oven to melt the seal then dry them up and reseal, or drill a hole. The first is undoubtedly the better solution, but it is a big job, it also has the potential for MAJOR disaster. I'd personally try to find a discreet place in the back to drill a hole.

For the window seal get your hands on a dental pick/scaler, they are cheap on ebay and an incredibly useful thing to have around the house.

Putting my lights in an oven... hmmm... i'll need to think on that one :lol:

ahh no I can pull the rubber bit down but it wont stay down it just goes back... I'm going to get a photo this afternoon :smt023:

Looking good Trix,

That engine bay looks a lot better. I would probably go for a standard rearplate, have you thought about smoothing the front bumper and positioning theplate to the side? Overall lookingsmart.

Looks like you have some nice roads near you, I have the North YorkshireMoors to play on, If you have seen this week’s Top Gear where Clarkson drovethe moors in the BMW i8.... That’s my favourite local road to me, lots oftwists and turns, some short straights for cheeky overtaking manoeuvres and agood pub in the middle with good food and real ale mmmm :D/

I didn't go all out with the engine bay, I just sprayed some gunk foam on (thanks for the tips) got a damp/wet cloth and just went all over it, rinsing it as I went... Then put some black to black whatever it was on some bits and pieces... for doing such a small job and not doing it properly I was honestly out there for 2hrs.. I have no idea what happened :lol:
I defo don't want a standard rear plate, luckily someone posted on facebook group asking for sizes so I got a good look at some different sizes... so will eventually settle on a size and buy some next week...

My bank balance is looking grim at the moment which makes me sad :'( - my neighbour started giving me grief the other day and she's a total whack-job, police highly suggested a CCTV camera so ended up dishing out my funds for that rather than new car parts :'( bad times...

I love the roads up here :) needing to venture further north this year though, haven't been up too far. Yet to watch top gear.. it's recorded and I've been super busy will keep an eye out when I catch up :D

Nice photo of the car at St Mary's, you might've seen but 28th of this month a number of us in Edinburgh will be on a run down near there. Welcome to tag along etc. details will be in a FB event.

The road I love the best in Scotland is through Glencoe to Fortwilliam then up to Loch Ness, Epic scenery and if you can catch it with no traffic its fantastic. I loved driving that in my old Mk2 Golf GTi. Happy Days :D

Nice photo of the car at St Mary's, you might've seen but 28th of this month a number of us in Edinburgh will be on a run down near there. Welcome to tag along etc. details will be in a FB event.

Yeah quite possibly be available for that... Was gutted I missed crail, was meant to come up in my mates ST but ended up some cruise down in Gala the night before with some Edinburgh/fife/Falkirk lads so checked that out, was a good turn out in numbers at least... company a bit off :lol:

The road I love the best in Scotland is through Glencoe to Fortwilliam then up to Loch Ness, Epic scenery and if you can catch it with no traffic its fantastic. I loved driving that in my old Mk2 Golf GTi. Happy Days :D

See I have yet to go to Loch Ness, shocking isn't it. Always go far away from home when we think of going places... Loch Ness and Loch Lomond are on my list this year for random drives/weekend trip away. Take my camera and hope for no serial killers out and about :lol:

Terrible photo...

This is my issue, when I put the window down and try and fix it, it's just stuck in that position, and doesn't want to go back to how it was no matter how much I try...
replacement? where from?

thanks guys

Trix

£32 for a bit of rubber :(

Try heating it up with a hair dryer and you may be able to mould it back into place.

Thanks guys, refuse to pay £32 for a tiny piece of rubber...

Will look like a knob out hairdrying my car later today :smt023

Back