• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

I totally did NOT receive any updates on new posts *covers face with palm* I have been preoccupied and neglected my build... apologies! What with real life and also Geneva trip with Honda and lacking in pennies being put away for the car over other priorities... booo!
I'm also attempting to 'get fit' and that's taking up most of my time - grrrr!

I haven't done anything with my car yet... except I have new plates coming in the post - decided I no longer like my badge on it or the actual size of the plate and feeling a little less love for my car lately, and have wind deflectors on the way from climair.. (it's been two weeks since ordering though :/ )...

So all in all I've been neglecting my car... my mate also pulled off the loose bit of rubber so THAT won't be fixed now... I shall either cover it up with my deflectors or buy a new piece of rubber from ebay... which I obviously missed out on the one you linked on ebay Ben :( but thank you for that link.. I shall get looking for one now *sigh* I'm pretty sure it's letting in some air when at speeds and it's annoying :madsmile:

Owh owh I also have a rocker cover coming from a mate of mine who is notorious for breaking EP3s... £25 posted :) - I am going to attempt to do it myself... I have been shown several guides *cringe* so we shall see what the next two weeks hold for my car... hopefully I shall do an oil change as well all by myself :/ old shorts is going to be a must I reckon but what with the weather the past week :shock: I might be ok with that :wink:

She is sat looking very sad and unloved as she did about 500 miles with no clean in the past weeks... I don't know what is wrong with me, probably that I have to prioritise other things at the moment and so feeling less love for the car and no exciting parcels arriving either is putting a downer on my EP3 lovage just now... real life sucks ](*,)
Bring on summer and drives and a car that stays clean [-o<

Trix

Hi Trix, fantastic price for your rocker cover. I hope your friend is going to help with the cost of the rubber they picked off lol.

Don't worry about your car, under the dirt is that gleaming paint and that 200bhp engine...... smiles for miles.

I have had the opposite problem recently, to much time on my car and not enough time in the gym haha.

She is sat looking very sad and unloved as she did about 500 miles with no clean in the past weeks... I don't know what is wrong with me, probably that I have to prioritise other things at the moment and so feeling less love for the car and no exciting parcels arriving either is putting a downer on my EP3 lovage just now... real life sucks ](*,)
Bring on summer and drives and a car that stays clean [-o<

I've just been through the same feelings with mine. Don't worry, there will be a sunny day soon, the car will be magical and you'll fall right back in love with it!

Hi Trix, fantastic price for your rocker cover. I hope your friend is going to help with the cost of the rubber they picked off lol.

Don't worry about your car, under the dirt is that gleaming paint and that 200bhp engine...... smiles for miles.

I have had the opposite problem recently, to much time on my car and not enough time in the gym haha.

Thing is, that I don't think she has the same shine as my previous shed EP3 did which gets me down, I've polished her a few times and never had that WOW factor I had with the other one :(
I'm not doing the gym, just attempting to go out running every day. I'm not one that's ever been into bing fit and healthy... pizza and takeaways and no exercise... stopped smoking 6 months ago and really attempting to run, but I don't feel I'm progressing much at the moment :(

I've just been through the same feelings with mine. Don't worry, there will be a sunny day soon, the car will be magical and you'll fall right back in love with it!

Once my new plates come (fingers crossed for tomorrow) and I eventually get my wind deflectors I shall be loving her a little more.

Attempted to change my stereo (the one that was in when I bought the car) to the one I bought for my previous EP3 and then removed. Removed my centre console but yet the stereo is screwed in and I can't actually get a screw driver into the area :( any advice muchly appreciated :D

Trix

I totally did NOT receive any updates on new posts

Trix

Email updates? There was a problem with the mail daemon that Al fixed a few days ago, may be related.

I know what you mean about a dirty car, I live in a new build area and there's lots of dust so my car is filthy again, will try and clean it before the weekend.

Don't worry about the running when I stopped smoking felt like it took me forever to get better but I kept going and around the 6 month mark something just clicked and I started running 5 miles keep going and before you know it you will be running every where

McSherryMan

Email updates? There was a problem with the mail daemon that Al fixed a few days ago, may be related.

I know what you mean about a dirty car, I live in a new build area and there's lots of dust so my car is filthy again, will try and clean it before the weekend.

Yeah I didn't receive any emails saying I had replies and I kind of forgot to check for updates *facepalm*
I live in the Borders which is south of Edinburgh and basically just lots of little farming towns... I also got hit by the gritter twice in one night the other day... I need to move for the sake of my car and her shininess [-o<

Don't worry about the running when I stopped smoking felt like it took me forever to get better but I kept going and around the 6 month mark something just clicked and I started running 5 miles keep going and before you know it you will be running every where McSherryMan

Well I've never attempted to run until the past two months in which I do roughly 2-3 miles a day and I am attempting to get my speed up, I've had a week off due to being busy and I went out for a run and literally gave up halfway as it was just NOT happening... I'm useless at this get fit stuff... I did do well with my eating habits and smoothies and drinking water and not so much junk food but that soon faded, I'm not attempting to eat healthy just be able to run a certain distance in a set amount of time :lol:

Trix

I know I have days like that two went for a short 5k run and finished in just over 25 minutes which I was happy with two days later went for the same run and failed hahaha, tbh I would be happy running 3 miles a day, I only run 2 -3 times a week max. Also I find biking helps me with the over all fitness ️. Good luck hope things start to pick up.

McSherryMan

Yay... I actually have an update...
Three weeks later... This arrives
9365cc7b4c8e9e2e78cffe28facba101.jpg

I also received this yesterday from eBay

8b9d966b2ef19335b651c98ab2683372.jpg

Over excited, I never realised it was front only so now going to order the rear one to go with it... Doh!

She will get a SUPER clean tomorrow and these will go on then... Can't wait to update with clean pretty photos and finally some wind deflectors.....!!! :woot:

Also thought I'd take a snap of my lanyards...
b52c6c9bf25e2ffcd2853b2558248971.jpg
(The red one I bought and received today from Tegiwa and the Type-R I got from the Honda Launch Party in Geneva a month ago (the Type-R is actually a USB stick with 4GB of exclusive photos of the new R... Which I have yet to even look at haha )

A very happy,
Trix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attempted to change my stereo (the one that was in when I bought the car) to the one I bought for my previous EP3 and then removed. Removed my centre console but yet the stereo is screwed in and I can't actually get a screw driver into the area :( any advice muchly appreciated :D

Everything comes off the back of the console quite easily. Don't worry about unplugging things, they all have unique shapes and won't fit into the wrong place when you reassemble it. Get the console completely off the car and have a good look. I'm guessing its the heater controls that are in the way; the knobs on the front pull off, then it's just three screws on the back and the whole unit comes off.

Everything comes off the back of the console quite easily. Don't worry about unplugging things, they all have unique shapes and won't fit into the wrong place when you reassemble it. Get the console completely off the car and have a good look. I'm guessing its the heater controls that are in the way; the knobs on the front pull off, then it's just three screws on the back and the whole unit comes off.

Thanks for that will give it a go shortly and see how I get on with it... I pulled it off but didn't disconnect everything and it looks like the stereo is screwed in... didn't have a screw driver handy at the time so just popped it back in...

Been productive yesterday...

My wind deflectors have arrived and was fitted yesterday after a clean.. I also now have both front and rear plates put on in size 12x6... They look so much cleaner on the car and less tacky ;) here's a few photos :)

Trix

Very nice Trix, who's is the teg?

Strangely enough I met someone a month ago via facebooks Civic Type R page... That's his teg...

Glad to see you feeling the love again! Those plates look much better than the old ones.

K20YAY is a belter of a plate. The TYPR one is pretty good too!

I am so in love with my YAY plate... It totally fits my personality and hyperness over my car. I like the TYPR plate too (came with the teg when he bought it two years ago)
I love the new size of plates... Makes me realise how BADLY awful the previous ones were *facepalm*

Took both cars out yesterday for a good run about up near St. Mary's loch... The Tegs first visit to Scotland so we had to see a loch or two and some countryside hehe
My wind deflectors make me so happy... Although my drivers side wobbles a little... Climair ones.. Any tips of making sure they stay secure and attached?

07b2f1a26d1049ec86aec9c747144025.jpg

19742644b943e62c9fd36b98df477d9c.jpg

ec076a0fc8a18cf4b5f66ee9862cd001.jpg

(Spot the Type Rs haha)

Trix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 months on and the car hasn't changed yet but watch this space...

I've managed to source and purchase some Super Advans SA3Rs. In the process of finding somewhere to have them refurbed and in my colour choices, which is currently TOP SECRET!!

I've recently just moved to Yorkshire (bye bye Scotland :( ) so I've been googling and getting quotes from nearby refurb centres. Most places have told me what I want is not cost effective and too time consuming. The only place to actually give me a quote was £200 an alloy. Blah! Got a quote from Spooners that was really decent so looks like I'll be sending them off shortly YAY!

Don't think I'll be putting them on in their current condition

YUCK!

Trix

No, I don't think snot green would be a good look in all honesty. :lol:

Back