• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

That was RimSpeed. I've seen loads of them the same as this. Think they were standard two colours. Just the blue outer lip im adding on it. Don't understand why people can't do it

The finish on the wheels isnt paint, it's surface treatment like anodising & suchlike. Not only is this expensive but the prep to a set of used wheels in order to get a good result would also be incredibly expensive. I would say either get them airbrushed to the effect you want or just change your mind completely on your wheel theme.

Sorry to put a downer on your idea, esp as I'm a newbie, but the pic you show is either a factory finish or something custom done at huge cost in a country that boasts better facilities than in the UK (hence why our manufacturing industry sucks).

Re your wheels - I would be surprised if "CardHore" couldn't do it. He's done some insane work, he's just one guy but he does amazing, amazing projects. His prices are really good too, only guy I would use because I've spoken to him personally a few times. I know he has contacts that do anodising as well.

https://www.facebook.com/wheelsbycardhore

image1-full.jpg

DSC_0361_zpsce43fa2c.jpg

DSC_0374_zps59cc252c.jpg

DSC_0846_zps765db8d6.jpg

IMG_20131003_145355_zps2f916ce1.jpg

You need to head over to North Yorshire moors Trix. Head for Stokesley then try the B1257 to Helmsley fantastic road (careful of police as its a bikers hot spot), then head toward Pickering but take a left to Hutton-le-hole and stay on there up over the moors, nice twisty bits and fun on a clear run, Nice pub on the moor top called the Lion Inn for very good food and real ale then either carry on to Castleton and take another left through commondale and back to Stokesley or do a 180 and head back to Pickering..... all good twisty roads, nice scenery and lots of 3rd gear vtec fun. take your sat nav just incase lol.

Thanks Shifty I'll get in contact with them...

You need to head over to North Yorshire moors Trix. Head for Stokesley then try the B1257 to Helmsley fantastic road (careful of police as its a bikers hot spot), then head toward Pickering but take a left to Hutton-le-hole and stay on there up over the moors, nice twisty bits and fun on a clear run, Nice pub on the moor top called the Lion Inn for very good food and real ale then either carry on to Castleton and take another left through commondale and back to Stokesley or do a 180 and head back to Pickering..... all good twisty roads, nice scenery and lots of 3rd gear vtec fun. take your sat nav just incase lol.

That's great haha... I will go for a run this weekend as it's been too long since I actually drove my car further than the local tescos O_O

So my ebay war is over and I can now say I'm the proud owner of not one, not two.. but FOUR rare ass centre caps :)

ok so there's only one hex nut and two medallions but I now having bragging rights for sure and will figure out about putting them on securely when they and my advans arrive :)

So a quick update...

Heading to mimms at Peterborough end of November so lots happening.

Bodyshop guy has been paid and is working on my alloys and spoiler as we speak (he's busy and I'm impatient... not a good combo) and he is also going to spray a few bits of cosmetic stuff.. drivers panel has a crack in paint, a new stone chip which is very obvious on my splitter)

I also picked up one of these :)

it's now fitted (minus the scoop on top waiting to be fitted as I don't have a drill :( )

Tried to get a hold of some hex nut thingys for my advans but I cant find any anywhere.. wondering if I could get a make do from the likes of B&Q or some sorts?! will do the same thing right!?!

Need a new breather pipe for the intake as it came with a red one and I would prefer a black one...

Big update on sexy alloys soon... can't wait :woot:

Trix

*BIG UPDATE*

So I've been busy with parts, and bodyshops and hassle, and of course Mimm's at Peterborough last weekend.

So I got my Kevlar intake fitted...

My caliper on the front then decided to seize... bye bye front brakes.. tried to do it myself but it needed replaced...

Mechanic managed to source the middle part of it, and it got sprayed mitzibushi red (no type r in stock with last minute craziness, but I honestly can't see the difference)

I then after 8 weeks of the bodyshop having my alloys, and spoiler, and rocker cover and a few days of my car he was done. (Never to be ever used again - warning to all if you ever move to Catterick)

So here's a few photos to tell the story...

I asked him to fix some stone chips and a crack in my panel...

Damaged door and poor performance meant the car again stayed at the shop to be 'fixed' - the stone chips weren't fixed and I now have dollops of paint on my bonnet *sigh*

Alloys after blasting..

Finished result

With one day left till Mimms, the alloys went to a mechanic (left to cure a bit more and be fitted the hour I left for Peterborough) and I took my spoiler and rocker cover home for fixing...
As it looked like this...

Glass of wine and 5 minutes of some DIY

TA DA!

So began the 'night before mimms prep' (I'm so last minute and hectic... )

(NHB EP3, CW FN2, CW DC5, my NHB EP3)

It was windy and someone left my spoiler on the grass... It of course blew on to the drive and scratched...

A quick run that morning to another bodyshop resulted in finally having it back... It was then a dash to the mechanic...

Turns out my nuts don't fit, luckily a friend of mine happened to have gold nuts in the car and a bag of nerves later...

So began our mini convoy... (alongside another TRO member, Ben :) )

Some mimms photos... The car had undergone a little valet and then of course unorganised hectic chaos of polish in the arena...

Over all (minus the craziness) I'm quite happy, the gold is different in all different lights but for what I paid and the state the bodyshop guy did, it was an ok job...

My lights unfortunately really let the car down, funny enough my valet at home didn't effect the lights but the drive down did :( and they were the foggiest they'd ever been..

Injection Imports were there with some mugen seats.. Only set in the UK and I fell in love...

Next stop, lights, BBK, service and some more noise.. But that's it for this year. (possibly mugen seats, but 2.2k for the pair is a big ouch!!)

Trix

Epic! Glad to see it came together in the end! Wheels are so different but they go well with the plug cover and airbox! Awesome work!

Despite the problems you've ended up with a really cracking looking car there. The colouring on the wheels is spot on. :smt023

I can't believe that body shop though. Their work is criminal!

In the nicest possible way, is it still a bunch of C units turning up to Mimms? I went a few years ago and I swore never again.

Car is looking good, the wheels aren't to my taste however they are different and do work quite well, top job.

Despite the problems you've ended up with a really cracking looking car there. The colouring on the wheels is spot on. :smt023

I can't believe that body shop though. Their work is criminal!

He said he re-did the Honda logo 3 times... that was his best one to present me with :eek:

My ideas were a complete risk but I'm really happy with the turn out and glad I threw my spoiler and rocker the same colour or I think it would look a bit miss mash.

In the nicest possible way, is it still a bunch of C units turning up to Mimms? I went a few years ago and I swore never again.

Car is looking good, the wheels aren't to my taste however they are different and do work quite well, top job.

Mimm's was.. a long day for what it was really, I went on a stand (representing my tro sticker of course) with a bunch of people over facebook. There was about 22 of us I think and we took up half the arena, rest was show and shine. ****ing it down so I didn't go looking outside, don't think many people did. CTRO were there... with 3 cars.. The guys I went with were amazing, we stayed at hotel night before... had drinks and chiquitos :rolleyes: - outside of our group, it was ok.. not amazing.

The wheels are very different so I respect people not liking them as much as I do ;) - I just wanted a car that stood out as different, I hated looking so similar to many other NHB EP3s, now I can spot mine a mile away :)

I love the super advans, I've been after a set for ages, I was also at MIMMS last Sunday it was to cold and windy to **** about outside. Some nice Motors in the show & shine. Think we got there at 11.45 and was on our way at 3pm. A my god did it **** it down on the way home..

Some nice pictures there Trix, Annie looking good too :D.... I really need to get my pictures uploaded, got a nice headlight one for you hahaha.

He said he re-did the Honda logo 3 times... that was his best one to present me with :eek:

My ideas were a complete risk but I'm really happy with the turn out and glad I threw my spoiler and rocker the same colour or I think it would look a bit miss mash.

Mimm's was.. a long day for what it was really, I went on a stand (representing my tro sticker of course) with a bunch of people over facebook. There was about 22 of us I think and we took up half the arena, rest was show and shine. ****ing it down so I didn't go looking outside, don't think many people did. CTRO were there... with 3 cars.. The guys I went with were amazing, we stayed at hotel night before... had drinks and chiquitos :rolleyes: - outside of our group, it was ok.. not amazing.

The wheels are very different so I respect people not liking them as much as I do ;) - I just wanted a car that stood out as different, I hated looking so similar to many other NHB EP3s, now I can spot mine a mile away :)
That's what it's all about, you do what you like, not what everyone else says you should do :)

So since mimms there's been a small update but an update all the same... nothing pretty so not very exciting :p

Fitted some new facelift lights so my old fogged up ones are gone, i can actually see when driving at night now :)
Fitted facelift rear light clusters as i think they make it look a bit cleaner than my preface tinted ones.

Spent about 2 hours in my car last night fiddling with my new double din i bought from source sounds. I had managed to get my hands on a carbon wrapped centre console which i put on merely a few days before but when i went to insert my double din, the wrap made it impossible to go in properly and so i had to swap it again to my original one which took forever (easy job) just it was 11pm and dark and then my phone died and i kept dropping screws :|

So YAY had a bit of a treat about a month ago, she had new spark plugs and oil change, gear box oil, new eibach springs, skunk2 camber arms and bolts, her geo done, polybushes and HEL brake lines, brake fluid, valve clearances and i don't even remember if there was anything else.

I ended up going a bit crazy in source sounds and came away with a bill of £1600 (£500 was my double din) and a booking for in a few weeks... although they took a £100 deposit, i have woken up and put my face in my hands and now on tegiwa looking at skunk2 mani and a map etc etc.. would rather have lots of new goodies than some speakers :whistle I'm such an indecisive **** sometimes :haha

I will be at japfest as well next month on a stand with some Facebook friends (and Ben with his 30th annie from here) so feel free to come say hi and see what direction my car is going in as it seems to change on an almost daily basis.. i just want everything :smt022
There is talk in my house about turbo, but considering i've yet to be in a turbo/supercharged car (till japfest).. i can't decide so for the moment this is on the back burner.. again i just can't make my mind up on anything haha. Hopefully see some of you at japfest :)

Trix

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the path I want to go so I will keep an eye on your post to see how all this turns out :D

Which Eibach springs did you go for?

Back