• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trouble getting in gear

Hello I got a quick question last nite I decided to have abit of fun in my ep3 so I floored it at the lights in first gear and near enough hit redline but I just didn't want to go into second untill I slowed down. After that It was fine when I drove normally do any1 else had this problem is a 2004 ep3

Mine's doing it right now, will get round to it at some point. :D Driven properly and changing gear sensibly it'll probably do another 60k!

I was thinking to myself earlier, would I prefer the clutch to slip when it was going or go like they do on these...?

Well it's on 90k Atm but I brought it when it was on 65k but don't think it's had a new clutch so yea maybe the clutch is on its way out but it's been ok so far so it could just be a 1 off or just me

I'd say the clutch, but if your going to get it done make sure you use genuine Honda manual transmission fluid too. Make's a world of difference for first and second gear change's.

I'm on little over 70k and I have the exact same issue but i only have issues getting in 1st to 2nd when I'm pedal to the metal. When I'm driving normally it's perfectly fine. One bloke said it was the synchrose in the gearbox and said i just need to replace that with new oil as well?

I'm holding off for now as I have my servicing due in a couple months.

Back