• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trying to choose an exhaust..

I've been looking at a few exhaust's and wanted a few opinions on my decisions or any other recommendations. Was thinking of: HKS hi power catback, tegiwa imports own catback or a fujitsubo legalis r.
What websites would be the best to look at or would I be better off looking for a second hand one?

There's currently a full dc sports system on the car, but whoever had it before me has had a section cut out of the exhaust and it's too farking loud -_-

I had the DC sports on my DC5 and its one of my favourite sounding exhuasts. Not "boomy" on motorway and sounds great in vtec with pops on downshifts.

I personally love the noise of my hks hi power. its relatively quiet ish at idle but sounds good at full chat. I bought mine from sumo power although there's usually one for sale second hand somewhere. I've heard only good things about the fujitsubo but have idea of the actual sound.

The sound of the HKS hi power is lovely! I want something that'll be quiet for day to day driving/motorway driving and give out a nice note while giving it beans. The dc sports one on it now drones too much and can be heard from a mile away! Would love a fujitsubo or spoon but they're too expensive

I personally don't think it's that noisey on the motorways, I do a 34 mile round trip to work and back and it's noticeable but not intrusive. Mines de-cated now and still doesnt bother me.

I am also after a HKS Hipower exhaust. I am after a loud exhaust though, says on HOND-R website that you can take silencer out of the muffler to make it louder. Anyone done this?

Back