• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trying to collate a list of common faults to check when viewing an EP3

Hi guys, short and curlies is I'm interested in getting an EP3 and want to collate a bit of a checklist to take with me when viewing.

I could do with everyones input on common issues and things to check on the drive also.

I have been so far impressed with everything I've read, until I found this thread (http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4636) and it made me a bit wary... I can deal with some tramlining but how severe is this generally for most folk? And do many of you actually suffer with this pulling around thing? The poll results on that link are quite worrying for someone new to the fold.

I drive a 1.8 20vt MK4 Golf and admittedly it cuts through the road with minimal tramlining or pulling around but it's no sports hatch compared to the Civic.

I hear a bit about 2nd gear being notchy. If this is a "you have to live with it" thing then thats fair play.

Rattly windows, did they ever do a fix for this?

Apart from that I'm a n00b so if you guys can fill me in on common issues that would be great, both electrical, mechanical etc.

I've had my civic for over a year now and given it the death and it's never let me down. Only thing I have done is replace the anti roll bar links. Did a mot history check on it the other day and it's never had an advisory for any of the mot's. It's a 03. any problems that people seem to have is minimul. Get one mate. I wudnt change mine for anything at moment.

Thank you and apologies, I didn't get that thread up with search last night, cheers.

Whilst I am here though can I touch on the subject of pulling and tramlining specifically? Has anyone else found issue with this? Just so daunting after looking at the poll figures in the thread linked in the original post.

Thank you and apologies, I didn't get that thread up with search last night, cheers.

Whilst I am here though can I touch on the subject of pulling and tramlining specifically? Has anyone else found issue with this? Just so daunting after looking at the poll figures in the thread linked in the original post.

Cant really say ive had any problems with it when it was standard that changed when I had silly camber and toe put on lol

Only way you will know is to test drive one and see how you get on.

lol I won't be doing anything extreme if I have one, just good springs, camber arms and geo set up properly.

Think the only thing to do like you say is drive a few to compare :)

Ta for the feedback :) I don't mind a bit aslong as I'm not gonna be pulled all over the place on the slightest bumpy road lol

After a few people mentioning the steering issue I have noticed if you let go of the steering wheel while slightly left it will drift slightly to the left and same as for the right. But I didn't notice this until I read about it on here. It doesn't bother me what so ever and don't think it's anything to be worried about at all. All just a bit of newness if you ask me. :lol: :lol:

Back