• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

trying too hard...

think I was trying a bit too hard to beat my time home last night... after 8 miles of country roads I had boiled the brake fluid :oops:

good job it goes in for a service soon.... not used to horrific brake fade in the ctr - the r5 was another story though :lol:

anyone else suffered from this repeatedly? I'm putting it down to hard use and fluid almost 2 years old....

didn't beat my record either :? too much traffic ... another day :D

In my experience the standard brakes on the CTR are terrible. they are far too easily overcooked.

Going to the Stoptech kit was out of this world and now coming back to standard is even worse.

I would really like to some 4 pots on the next CTR, it's about time we started having proper performance ancilliaries for what I class is a proper performance car.

#tbh most of my driving is done on long stretches of motorway or dual carriageway which is why I haven't noticed before...

they seem to be getting a little bit more snatchy than when I first got it, but they are still leagues better than half the cars I have had in the past.

I think the best brakes I had were on a mk111 golf gti surprisingly, prob the best performing part on the car!!!

Sometimes my brakes give me the feeling that i'm not gona stop.... i always do though, just sometimes it feel like they're having none of it... :?

Neily03 said:
Sometimes my brakes give me the feeling that i'm not gona stop.... i always do though, just sometimes it feel like they're having none of it... :?

I get this & sometimes even when I having been getting the buggers warm.

Royston changed to braided lines & said it made quite a big difference.

smithers said:
think I was trying a bit too hard to beat my time home last night... after 8 miles of country roads I had boiled the brake fluid :oops:

good job it goes in for a service soon.... not used to horrific brake fade in the ctr - the r5 was another story though :lol:

anyone else suffered from this repeatedly? I'm putting it down to hard use and fluid almost 2 years old....

didn't beat my record either :? too much traffic ... another day :D

I suspect the ambient temperature we're having won't have helped matters in cooling your brakes.

Back