• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tuning my car any suggestions?

Hi everyone for a while i have been undecided on what to do so been speaking to tdi-north and cpl racing. decided to go to cpl racing.

Ive nearly decided on piper catback piper manifold and injen cold air intake and mapped.

That is what cpl racing suggest to me so it sounds good to me as i want it to stay quite quiet compared to some of the loud stuff. i just wanted to know if anyone could suggest anything better or similar.

My budget is 1500 i allready have it mapped so dont need that just tuned.

Cheers

The only reason was because i have the hondata reflash and cpl say they can retune it with other mods without buying k100 or kpro but tdi-north said i would need to buy a new k100 or kpro on top of tuning.

That was the only reason it was working out cheaper or i would of went to tdi.

I would but i just dont have the extra £700 and i dont want to wait.

I take it cpl are not that highly rated?

Do your research before spending money. Don't forget, you can sell your K100 and recoup the difference in price.

Does this sound any good. Japspeed 4 2 1 manifold,spoon bpipe,tegiwa gruppe m copy or injen cold intake.

It works out a bit cheaper than piper and i dont really want a catback exaust.

I don't really know about the Japspeed manifolds. I do know that DC sports ones are good on a budget.

Japspeed are cheap and cheap for a reason. Poor fit and build quality from what I've seen.

Get a decent second hand JDM item, like the Toda one in the for sale section. don't mess about getting cheap ebay style tat. Tegiwa can GTFO too!

I had a Japspeed 4-2-1, it did the job fine, even when I was pushing 370bhp @ 9psi with the Rotrex. Its still going strong apparently on the guy who bought it's car.

Piper catback - £419, fitting £60
Piper manifold - £495, fitting £89
ES mounts - £32.68, fitting £89
Injen cold air intake - £229, hydroshield £25.50, fitting £60
Tuning £350

This is what cpl racing have quoted me. am trying to get them to do it all for 1600 just because my budget was 1500 but willing to spend the extra 100 for it and thats the max i can go. so ive to give them a call so looking good.

Is this a good deal?

Keep changing my mind lol but here goes my final set up i think(no doubt change my mind again)

Toda manifold (if i get)
Spoon bpipe
standard backbox
es mounts
injen intake

Hows that set up?

Back