• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tunning hondata, VTC / VTS Values

Hi Guys,

Im sticking a K20a2 into my FD RX7,
I am a mapper / tunner / builder so i like to do things myself but im just after some clarity with this I -vtec shananagins on hondata.

My understanding is:

VTC = Inlet Cam that can be advanced up to 50deg on the K20a2 by electro hydralic solinoid.

VTS = High lobe set of cams activated by oilpressure (Vtech)

I have read that the VTC physicaly takes arounf 0.1 second to move 10deg. so this need to be taken into acount around vtech crossover and rpm range when changing gear so the VTC dosn unwind to 0deg.

Anyone on here give some clarity to me and how this effects spool etc? in the rotary world overlap is common in bridgeport engines and i tune these diffrently to say a streetport with no overlap. so its very similar to the Vtech although your aloud to adjust where you like.

Thanks in advance

Okie dokes, is that a diffrent forum?

Oh god ive just looked. its full of americans! I dont know if thats a good idea haha

Okie dokes, is that a diffrent forum?

Oh god ive just looked. its full of americans! I dont know if thats a good idea haha
Hahahaha, yeah mate but it's more in depth to be honest. That or maybe contact a local Honda tuner.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You’re correct with taking account the VTC angle when going into vtec. You need to try match the VTC angle between the low and high cam at cross over point to reduce any power dips.
As for boosted applications I have no experience. At a guess I’d imagine vtec would start relatively low in the rev range. I’ve also heard the standard cams are prefect for boosted applications as there isn’t a great deal of overlap.

Back