• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Turbo Project

If you are not shooting for big/extreme power then rotrex is better solution. Instant power and TTS kit is bolt on.

If you are not shooting for big/extreme power then rotrex is better solution. Instant power and TTS kit is bolt on.

You have a fair point, but I personally chose a turbo set up as it seemed to be more attractive to me than supercharging it. The wait has been a killer but will definitely be worth it.

Yes I know it's been going for ever but getting closer to finishing my project. Just to update the latest:

- Precision 6265 Turbo
- New Supertech valve train, Wiseco Pistons (tolerance 600-700bhp) and eagle Rods (tolerance 600-700bhp)
- Custom Full 3" exhaust system
- Side winder turbo manifold and waste gate dump tube have been made.
- Engine/gearbox removed.
- MeisterR coil overs have been fitted. (final height adjustment will be done when full engine/turbo setup has been fitted)
- Original engine stripped down, measured and checked. Replacement Engine block sent off for machine work, ie Boreing, honing, refacing and hot tank.
- Head has been diss assembled, cleaned ready for valve train to be installed.
- Crank has been micro polished, measured for bearings and ready for re-fitment.

Going to see the car on Tuesday 30th April as hopefully engine will be back. More updates to follow soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
loving this build mate. pulling me away from my supercharger plans! :lol:

lol :) Cheers Chris I did want to initially supercharge the civic too, but got seduced by the idea of having a turbo. More room for building the car. Plus after seeing what Tom83 has done, i didn't need anymore convincing, it just had to be done.

Im not sure but I think your turbo is a 6266 like mine pal.

Hey Tom When I went to Endless Horizon last year I am sure they said it was a 6265 but I may possibly be wrong. I was on the plans of going 650bhp+ and I know the 6265 is rated to 700bhp. Will double check when I go there this Tuesday. Uprated driveshaft is the only thing that's stopping me from pushing it up to the above figures. So will settle for 400-500bhp as the OE is good up to 500hp. Get used to the power and learn how to handle the car. I am considering DC5 cams but don't know if it's worth doing or if I will notice the difference. It not going to be a daily drive, just a once in a while but more for the summer. Planning to take it on track hopefully if we ever have a summer, if we don't then I'm screwed lol:0

650bhp is a huge figure for the road pal. Ive learnt that running 400+ is close to the limit on UK roads. Even slightly damp roads and Im spinning up in 5th, it unreal. But if you get a nice smooth surface, completely dry its amazing, it still skips when you change gear, but when it grips its scary how fast it accelerates, and thats at around 460bhp.

Im actually now thinking of breaking mine after the summer.

Yes 650hp is quite big. If I was to reach to that level then I would have a boost control and set the minimum to around 350-400hp and quarter mile drag strip 600h+p. I don't think I would use 650 on the road. If I feel satisfied how the car responds to my liking between 400-500 then I may not go further.

Hi guys it's been a long while since I have had anything to add. Engine rebuild has been completed and the car should be ready for MOT by the end of next week and engine will need breaking in. Once this is done then everything goes straight on.

I got fairly decent deal on my insurance for declaring all my mods under 500quid. Was expecting it to be much less but maybe next year.

Will put some pictures up when the MOT is sorted and ready for the road
icon_e_smile.gif

Cheers Fools Errand :) will definitely put some pictures up and will be doing a video too. Then once it all completed you can take it for a test drive and see what you think if you want.

Cheers Fools Errand :) will definitely put some pictures up and will be doing a video too. Then once it all completed you can take it for a test drive and see what you think if you want.

Might have to pass on the test drive, unless you plan on popping over to Australia ;)

Really looking forward to seeing this completed. Taken ages to get done, but will be worth it in the end.

Hi tom, it sure has been challenging with the waiting and everything else. But I can't wait. To start of, it will be around the same power as yours until I get use to it.

Wont take long to get used to it pal, but it will catch you out when you least expect it. Its a lot of power to get on the ground, especially when its wet. Just watch the torque steer, I've been pulled across 3 lanes of the motorway when ive had my foot down. Its worse when its damp and traction isnt even.

Thanks for the heads up. I have booked myself a 2hour session with my driving instructor to improve on my driving skills and technique in the car. He is qualified for advanced driving. Also looking into getting the Hondata traction control unit too, if budget allows.

Hello buddy

The MOT should be pretty much be done sometime within this week. Then approximately 2 weeks for the engine to be run in. Very soon hopefully mate:)

Back