• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Turbo Project

What a thread. Seen you commenting on another thread (yellow EP3) I'm contemplating on a turbo on my Euro R but still SC is on my mine too. Can't wait to see the outcome on this turbo build though. Won't be long now.

Cheers guys, thanks for showing an interest, unfortunately there is some unexpected delay but very close to being completed. I should know for certain by the end of this month and hopefully ready for tuning. It will be road mapped under normal driving conditions, stop and start etc, then the rest will be on dyno. :)

What a thread. Seen you commenting on another thread (yellow EP3) I'm contemplating on a turbo on my Euro R but still SC is on my mine too. Can't wait to see the outcome on this turbo build though. Won't be long now.

Hi mate, I was going to put a JRSC when I was thinking about forced induction but then after talking to some other guys who went from SC to TB it's completely different ball game.

This isn't going to be my daily car so hence why I want it to be vicious lol :) With a turbo you have more room for tuning the car how you want and my car is being custom built to my specification. Choose what is best for you and what you want to potentially get out of your car. I personally think you going turbo will be an amazing project but that's my personal opinion.

What area are you from? :)

Hi mate, I was going to put a JRSC when I was thinking about forced induction but then after talking to some other guys who went from SC to TB it's completely different ball game.

This isn't going to be my daily car so hence why I want it to be vicious lol :) With a turbo you have more room for tuning the car how you want and my car is being custom built to my specification. Choose what is best for you and what you want to potentially get out of your car. I personally think you going turbo will be an amazing project but that's my personal opinion.

What area are you from? :)

I'm from Leicester, East Midlands. I've got a friend with a EP3 turbo pushing 450bhp and that's amazing to drive. Would like to test drive a supercharged one just to have a feel. I previously had an Evo so I love the feel of a turbo.

Don't think I will do turbo conversion till next year, I did get a quote from TTS for a supercharger which to be honest it roughly same as getting a turbo conversion. Meantime will get other bits done, throttle body etc spread out the costs.

Yeah I get what your saying it would have been good to get a feel of both supercharged and turbocharged. It is interesting that you have gone from an Evo to a Honda. Any particular reason or just fancied a changed? Especially from a 4 wheel drive car. Funnily enough I happen to come from Leicester myself. My mates and my brother are there. Planning on taking a trip to Leicester once the car is done, so we can perhaps link up.

Yeah I get what your saying it would have been good to get a feel of both supercharged and turbocharged. It is interesting that you have gone from an Evo to a Honda. Any particular reason or just fancied a changed? Especially from a 4 wheel drive car. Funnily enough I happen to come from Leicester myself. My mates and my brother are there. Planning on taking a trip to Leicester once the car is done, so we can perhaps link up.

Wow that would be awesome. I jumped from evo to honda because I just become a dad and needed a bigger car and mrs didn't really like the Evo too much and said wasn't baby friendly. Before Evo I had EK9 and always wanted a euro r so decided this is the time to get one. Problem is that it's just missing boost. Other then that great car.

Where abouts are you in Leicester? Do you know the Hong Kong restaurant, uppingham road?

We'll I used to live near the space center and I grew up in Leicester and lived near Harrison road, Rowlatts hill. I went to the City Of Leicester School. I know uppingham road very well. Now I live in farnborough which is just of the M3. Actually my brother just happens to live in that area. Talk about a small world. I have 2 boys myself and had to convinced the misses to get a family car so I could keep my pride and joy. Mind you she loved driving the car with a Hondata kpro :lol: but not sure what she's going to think when I have it back. I hope its not too loud. Hey we got to meet up.

Let me know when you in Leicester. I own the Hong Kong which is right where you used to live.

My mrs is not insured to drive my car lol

Yeah can't wait to hear yours. Will get my mate with his EP3 turbo to come out too. He had his done elsewhere but I think I think mine will go to TDi north.

Sounds like a good plan . Will definitely let you know. I had to get my misses insured as it was the only car we had at the time. She used it more than me, but didn't like the attention she was getting. Lol

The Hong Kong restaurant that's been their for some while now if I remember correctly. It will be good to meet your mate and see his car as we'll. did he forged his engine?

My project is being done by EndlessHorizonMotorsport and they are good what they do but I would recommend TDI North, they helped me loads with tons of advice.

I will keep you updated.

Do you know if endless horizon do customer exhausts? A friend just recommended them or solid fabrications. Would have gone solid but they are far away otherwise I'd be there. Endless aren't too far but wanted to know what kind of job they do there.

Hey bro

As far as I know, they don't do any exhaust fabrication. They sent mines do be done somewhere else. That took 6 months, Perhaps someone on this forum might be able to recommend a company who do custom exhaust near you. I do have a friend who does a fantastic job but that's in Slough and too far from Leicester. Endless Horizon Motorsport do engine rebuilds, wire tuck, suspension set up, corner weight, road and dyno mapping. A mixture of stuff. :)

Dam lol I guess I will have to take car down to solid fab. Everyone is telling me to go there but its just so far away!! If one day job ok but they said two day job.

http://www.ojzengineering.co.uk/page.php

Take a look on their website. I have no clue as to how good they are but it was recommended from another car forum. Might be worth giving them a call dude, 47miles from you.

http://www.custom-chrome.co.uk/Retailshop.html This one is a 42mins drive from your road. Again not had any personal involvement but since they more near you could pop in to see them.

http://www.mijexhaust.com/mij-exhaust-system and another one.

That should keep you busy bro :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Trf just bin looking through your thread looks like your going to have a nice car once this is all done. I have a 55 plate prem edition ep3 with 44k on it and was looking at doing the same as you and going for one of tdi norths turbo packages. Would 6k cover most my work? and would a engine with 50k on it be ok for this? if someone could let me know it would be much appreciated.

Back