• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Turbo Project

Thanks tom. I have looked at there website. There turbo kits look megga. If i can do it cheaper it would be great but i was sure i read on there that it was 5 and a half k or summit. would you have to uprate the clutch and other valves? Just had a browse through your thread nice car mate!! must of cost you a fortune. Is it still supercharged as i did't read it all?

I went to TDi for a custom 800bhp turbo build, was an animal, pretty similar to how Typerfusions is going to be. Will be up for sale later in the year I think, as I dont think I will be using it again.

Clutch would be advisable, valves are good for 450-500bhp builds, anything over 500 and your looking at going forged. Brake upgrades are a must too.

Cheers tom. 800 bhp civic is that? I want to go to 300/350 bhp so hopefully wont have to do too much. Do i also need a hondata ecu?

Hi Trf just bin looking through your thread looks like your going to have a nice car once this is all done. I have a 55 plate prem edition ep3 with 44k on it and was looking at doing the same as you and going for one of tdi norths turbo packages. Would 6k cover most my work? and would a engine with 50k on it be ok for this? if someone could let me know it would be much appreciated.

Hi mate yes 6K is enough for a stock turbo set up and the mileage on your car is well less than mine about 59K. So shouldn't be a problem. As Tom said give TDI a call they are always willing to help.

And yes you definitely need to upgrade on your ECU. K100 will do the job fine. Unless you're planning and playing with the ECU yourself then Kpro.

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick update on the project. Due to the condition of the engine bay with the car being left outside for some while, without the bonnet while at EHM, it was covered with a lot of dirt and had built up rust. So they are in the process of restoring the whole engine bay with a couple of extra's. Once this has been done then the engine will finally go in ready for MOT.

I am trying to make my car look different and having come from doing loads of body kits, I do prefer the subtle look but giving it a meaner look. I was thinking of getting a carbon fibre Mugen front splitter for my pre-face lift.

However I was still searching for something unique and it either was making my own front splitter or doing some radical modification. Anyway I was doing some window shopping on Ebay LOL as you do and came across this.

image_zpsf5ada4b1.jpg
[/URL]

imagejpg1_zpsb7f1e0e5.jpg
[/URL]

And this is what it looks like. It's completely rare front splitter.

imagejpg1_zpsdd3c4bae.jpg
[/URL]

So my idea is to keep the original but make a carbon fibre version so if there is any damage, then worst case scenario I can replicate it.

Thanks for the reply tom. I am going to do the clutch and brakes first then send it there at crimbo if i can get it in.
Your car looks well nice is that a mugen front splitter on the last pic?

Thanks for the reply tom. I am going to do the clutch and brakes first then send it there at crimbo if i can get it in.
Your car looks well nice is that a mugen front splitter on the last pic?

Haha wish it was. My car is a 2002 NHB the same as the last picture but not my car. It was a picture sent to me how it would look on the car. Funnily enough it is from Honda but they don't make it anymore. I got this from Ireland.

Hi all so here is the latest, I wasn't happy with the way the engine bay looked so I had it resprayed today.

imagejpg4_zps13efffaa.jpg
[/URL]

There was quite a bit of rust so didn't want to take any chances. This was resprayed in the original NHB colour but lacquered 5 times to achieve a deep gloss black.

The next plan will be to put everything back in from Monday onwards and prep for MOT.

Hi mate

That's a very good question. We'll in honesty if EHM get their a** in gear then all this can be fully done in 3 weeks. They have to break the engine in which I was told will take 7-10 days. But at their pace then ....end of June. Then a big celebration. I've waited for 3 years.

Hi mate this is one mean project. Funnily enough I went to endless horizon motorsport with a friend and saw your car. WOW mate your engine bays looks out of this world. The finish is extremely glossy and will shine like crazy. can't wait to see the finished product.:)

Thank you for the comment mate :) I was told the same thing by another guy who works in the unit next door to EHM. Looks better than the pictures haha. If they were much more closer than I would have gone to see the car. I will have to wait until it needs road mapping.

Does anyone have any rough idea how long it would take to put the wiring loom back in? :)

I was hoping to say that finally my car is very near finished. However EHM have succeeded in f*cking things up again. They haven't done any work on my car. Feed me the usual bull. They even left my car out again after it was finished painted. I was told that they have damaged the body work with shifting my car here and there (won't know until I see the car) They have probably damaged the interior by keeping all the exhaust pipes, manifold etc in the back with no bubble wrap.

They work on every single car EXCEPT MINE (god know why?) so now I am going to be taking them to trading standards and have them shut for good, unless they pull some miracle.

I don't have time to travel back and forth so they sure are taking advantage. I already went 3 times in 4 weeks using leave. If you don't hear from me then take it that I'll probably be sitting behind bars.

Sorry to hear this fella. TDi North had mine for about 5 weeks for the Turbo conversion, a completely custom build, and add a few trips back to sort a few niggles out.

3 years is taking the ****, 3 fvcking years? You must have the patience of a saint.

Sorry to hear this fella. TDi North had mine for about 5 weeks for the Turbo conversion, a completely custom build, and add a few trips back to sort a few niggles out.

3 years is taking the ****, 3 fvcking years? You must have the patience of a saint.

Hi mate it's either a saint or plain stupid. The amount of sleepless nights I have had god knows.

Back