• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Turbo!!!!!!!!!!

Wife can Fvck right off.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

please say your doing a build thread about it :). how mental would that be in a mini, old mini i hope.

do you race your builds? have you been able to give them the full beans?

sorry to keep asking questions :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

please say your doing a build thread about it :). how mental would that be in a mini, old mini i hope.

do you race your builds? have you been able to give them the full beans?

sorry to keep asking questions :)

Once I work out costing for a home built Zcar mini (minus the £10k they charge) or find a decent rot free EG shell/car I'll get one started.

No I build the car and commuted 500miles a week in it.

Airfield day once, moved to Keighley/Bradford and got tired of seeing faggots at lights/anywhere I parked. Shed load of fun, just one of those days you wake up and realise you have become disillusioned with it all.

This will be second car/track toy. Neighbour has been building a track slag in his garage, so going to go steal some tools.

Personally I'm going to go charged with my FN2. The charger kit is around £3.5k and I think that includes injectors, but I'll also add a LSD, clutch, if I've not already got one by then an exhaust mani of some sort and some defi gauges in a seeker pod.

I'm hoping not to spend more than £6k all in. I'm going to try it with just the uprated pads, lines and fluids but if need be I'll look at the Stoptech Touring BBK with either some spacers or some Rota P1s.

It'll be funded by a new loan when the car is paid off in around 18 months.

Reason I'm plumping for charged is that I've been told I'd hate the power delivery of a turbo, charged being more linear, like Vtec just more. I'll be getting a passenger ride in both to be sure first which is for me though.

Turbo Vtec FTW. Turbo coming on when Vtec kicks in is just disgusting :lol:

Supercharged Vtec doesn't feel as fast :(

Superchargers are driven by engine rotation though, they can't be peaky I thought? Their rotation is constant. Whereas a turbo needs a threshold level of exhaust gas to get going, aka boost kicking in. Or have I got FI all wrong...?

As Beard says, it depends on the engine, setup, boost controller etc.

Smaller turbos can be linear but will run out of puff earlier.

Superchargers are driven by engine rotation though, they can't be peaky I thought? Their rotation is constant. Whereas a turbo needs a threshold level of exhaust gas to get going, aka boost kicking in. Or have I got FI all wrong...?

Have a read through this:

;)

Clicky

You've not got it wrong, it's just that the equations involved are variable and logarithmic. For instance a supercharger can actually sap power at low revs as the engine has the added burden of driving the supercharger belt. And conversely low pressure variable geometry turbos can actually provide linear delivery from low revs right up to the red line.

I've been told I'd hate the power delivery of a turbo, charged being more linear, like Vtec just more.

I posted this before and sorry for the crappy pic but this is a direct comparison of my turbo s2k against a Rotrex s2k at the same boost levels,same dyno/same day. WHP and torque curve are very similar, except the turbo just makes more. A properly matched manifold/turbo with good actuation and mapping can work wonders. Supercharging is an easier power route though, no doubt.

tbvssc.jpg

Bing!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/485hp-Turbo-K...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb194e25d

+ Down Pipe
+ Exhaust
+ KPRO

Happy days.

I just done another ATR turbo on stock engine, Well swopped out the H22A7 for a H22A2 as A7 was fooked. It made 265hp/240lbft. However i need to change the Turbo to a larger one to get more power at 6psi 280max on stock internals and hold torque up the revs. It starts making 240lbft at 3000rpm and holds lol.

Anyways that was done cheap as chips. So it can be done.

Back