• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Turbocharger & Exhaust...time for more power!!!

Hey,

I have an 05 facelift EP3 with a GruppeM air filter. Everything else on the car is standard.

Im really want more power, so im looking to turbocharge my car. Im not too fussed as to whether the bhp is at the wheel or fly, although perhaps a quick explanation might help me decide!

Can you give me your thoughts on I guess the minimum set up I would need to fit a turbocharger in terms of a new exhaust, brakes etc. Obviously I appreciate there is going to be a few bits I need to do, but for now I just need to know the essentials. Im pretty set on getting a TODA exhaust, although not sure which one so any suggestions for that would be great and obviously suggestions for the turbo charger.

Budget isnt too much of an issue & if you know of any good people/dealers/fitters to talk to that would be of massive help too.

Cheers

Ryan

Yeah, got to agree with the guys above im afraid mate, keep these engines NA, thats what they are designed for and best at.

Screaming NA power FTW.

If you want boossst get a rally replica.

If you intend on staying NA and going for more power, I have some tasty Spoon bits that will work well with your Gruppe 'M and free up some extra horses for you ;) .

Get Mani + KPro + Exhaust.

If that is too slow buy an Evo/Scoob.

If you are set on keeping the Honda and want that sort of power increase go down the supercharger route.
It suits the engine characteristics better than a turbo.TDI North would be a good place to call.

Back