• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R bump!!

I will cut a long story short...

I was in my friends last night, leaving my car in a old car park just by his house. i came out to the front end smashed and no one to be seen. the damage is quite bad. the front bumper is smashed (N/S), wing is severly damaged, the had light was pushed right back touching the fan belt.

I still dont know what the internal damage is i will need to strip it down tomorrow to see how much damage there is. the car wont start but doesnt seem to be anything at all wrong with he engine.

Q1) Where is the best place to get panels?? I know honda aint going to be cheap! (found a place online www.readytofitpanels.co.uk panles come painted.)
Q2) Is there an engine cut off that i need to reset bfore i wll start?

Thanks for any help :( really am so gutted about this :(
J

Depending on the level of damage, it may work out cheaper to get it fixed through your insurance (I guess it depends if you have protected NCB or not).

dont have a protected no claims bonus and it is already crazy priced anyway since my daft younger years!! I will need to repair it myself :(

you could try ebay for parts, normally body panels on there with just scratches but you'll probably need to get the panels sprayed anyways

I have had a look on ebay but cant really find anything. im getting a price from honda today. ready a thread on here today that someone paid £260 for a painted front bumper from them. (if true) thats cheaper than the web site i stated above so would be aswell getting it from them.

Any one know about the fuel cut off switch?

sorry to hear about the damage. its myself that bought the new bumber from honda. it was £260 and it came painted. a new front end pannel is £140 which includes the slam panel, i had to buy the whole thing just to get the slam pannel and i sold the rest on ebay, a new wing is £160 but only comes in primer, headlight is £80. as mine is a facelift a new grill with both badges is £165. i wouldnt use the ready to fit parts as they are not original and often fit like crap

The fuel cutoff switch is behind the glovebox on the left. It's in the user manual with a picture of the location

I dont think im going to get the panels off of there anyway, althought it says they are genuine honda. I will probably get them from honda if that is the price for them, doesnt seem too unreasonable. Im just scared incase i get the painted panels and the colour is totally different from the bonnet and passeger wing.

I managed to strip down the front end no problem, i need a bumper support (small bracket bolted onto the support beam) and the metal light support as it was broken too. other than this there is no structural damage.

I mangaed to find the fuel cut off switch and the car is running fine now.

I need a new wih bone and cant seem to get one from a scrappies or salvage company anywhere. do you know if a standard 3 dor civic of civic sport (ep2) will have the same wish bone? it seems to be really difficult tryng to find one from a type r.

Thanks again
J

there are two parts to the bumper one is £270 the other £220
your wing is £150
headlights £130 then you will need all beams brackets and bits and bobs that will add up to around too ton and you need the wing painted blended into the door that around £120
all of the above +vat and labour if needed its not far off 2k mate not good.

my headlight was £80 from honda, the support bracket was £13. i only needed a bumper as my splitter was fine. i didnt need any beams or brackets as my damage was not that bad

Back