• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

type r civic exhaust and indution kit

hello im building a honda civic type r ep3 race car and i got dc sports manifold yesterday and was just wondering would anyone know what would be the best exhaust and induction kit for it?

Hello, i'm not the most clued up on the EP3 but there is plenty of info in this section if you have a read through!

from memery i think the general opinion is the Gruppe M intake and Toda/Spoon exhaust!

When you say "best" are you looking for the highest performance system or are you looking for nicest sounding/best quality?

Best system for a track car EP3 or FN2 would be a 3" catback with a race header, that produces the best figures with all the usual bolt ons with K100/K Pro.
As for the Intake the best for performance would be a 76mm Injen Velocity stack Intake fed direct from the bumper, that will produce better figures than a Gruppe M or Tegiwa airbox but it all depends what your looking for.

3" Catback from Solid fabrications is £450 delivered and the 76mm Injen is around £280-290.
Spoon, Toda, Mugen systems etc are all top quality but fairly restrictive for high power N/A builds

The Gruppe M is the daddy of induction, but also has higher costs. If you want to spare a few pennies but get the same results, go for the AEM CAI. It sits in the bumper and draws cold air straight from near the floor. The performance gains are roughly the same as the Gruppe M, but at a fraction of the cost. As for exhausts, there are lots of choices. I have a DC Sports mated to a DC Mani, it's a single silenced exhaust and quite free flowing, it is rather loud though so may not pass track DB regulations. You could build up a custom setup with an unsilenced centre section, mated to a free flowing back box. Spoon do the ever popular N1 back box, which looks good, and sounds fantastic when you're giving it the beans. Also good ones are the Toda systems, they're very well made and highly respected. If you want something a little more blingy and rare, you could go for the FEELS systems, there are a few on here who have them and love them. HTH;)

The fn2 .. Just fitted a tegiwa induction kit and it sounds great just want an upgrade on the exhaust now ... Any other suggestions other than the militek ... Not to expensive

Back