• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Type-R delays

I just had the delivery date for my Type-R put back to the 22nd April :(

Has anyone else on here ordered one and had it put back? I ordered mine on the 22nd Feb.

Trying to work out if it's genuine delays at the factory, or my dealer being rubbish!

Nope, although to be fair I didn't ask (doh).

Good things come to those who wait, I guess (or so I'm telling myself)

Considering it's a new model it's probably a genuine delay at the factory....

Are you having any extra's ie 19" wheels or the Sat Nav??? As I believe this is delaying some orders.

Mine (Standard Red GT) is now arriving a week early. Should be sitting on my drive on the 28th:smt026

Sat Nav.

Looking at other forums, it seems that people with red + sat nav seem to be the ones affected.

Curses!

Sorry to hear that,

I ordered mine on the 16th Feb.

I'm sure once you get it your forget about the wait:twisted:

It's because red in the best colour :D

I was driving to Bristol last week and kept seeing car transporters with Hondas on - every single one without fail had a red FN2. Guess they were coming from the Honda PDI place. (or honda were trying to tempt me - it was working)

Count yourself lucky you are not me!!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

Ive had mine brought forward

Ordered my new civic type r 3 weeks ago and was told delivery would be april 1st, dealer e-mailed today to say it would be ready on 22 march.

who's lucky then??

ordered mine 8th of march and im being told the 31st of may at least

:( hope my clio 172 lasts till then !!

Ordered my Milano Red GT today and been given a delivery date of 13th May.

Oh the waiting! :tumble:

ordered new type r on 4.3.07 told delivery will be 30.3.07 put back till 15.4.07
hope its as good as my 03 type r

Well mine's at the dealers for PDI etc. I'm picking it up Wedneday morning. :D

I'm taking it on an 07 plate until the dealer can do my personal plate transfer. Unfortunately it's D* 0* *PE. :smt102

:smt082

I ordered mine on the 6th March after taking one out for a test drive, and like a few others on here I was told that it would be delivered on the 1st April. When the 1st April finally came the dealer made contact with me explaining that it would be the beginning to the middle of May before I got mine.

On the 10th May I was finally able to pick up my FN2 in Deep Bronze Pearl and it looks ace. Although I was not too happy with the delay in delivery I was more than happy with the contact I had from the dealer who kept me upto date with proceedings throughout.

I wonder how many sales/orders though honda have lost through promising delivery dates and failing to meet them. If it wasn't for the fact that I was so set on getting a Type R I would have probably cancelled the order and looked elsewhere.

Having had my car for a grand total of three days, so far I am delighted with the choice. Mine is returning about 24mpg at the moment which I am sure will improve, the only trouble is when you pull up at a set of lights everyone wants to race you. Silly them, they obviously don't realise how awesome the engines in these cars are.

Back