• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type r ep3 diff

Or Quaife/Wavetrac style diffs which are easier to drive with IMO and maintenance free.

Both will provide benefits on track, helical diff there's no maintenance other than oil change in box... Plated diff theres mechanical parts that need replacement over use iirc

Is the car not going to be used on the road at all? Although great on track I have heard plate diffs can be a pain on road. I went with quaife and use my car as a daily but also regularly on track. No complaints here.

+1 for quaife ATB. Nothing to compare it to (other than standard diff) but I bloody love it. I use mine on road mainly, only done 1 track day since I got it.

For a daily driver I would recommend a JDM / Quaife / wavetrac Diff as a plate diff can be a bit 'clunky' for everyday use.
Yes a plate diff is far Superior to an ATB diff but there a bugger to live with.
I've been using an ATB diff for last 6 years on track and as my daily driver and cannot fault it.

Is the car not going to be used on the road at all? Although great on track I have heard plate diffs can be a pain on road. I went with quaife and use my car as a daily but also regularly on track. No complaints here.

For a daily driver I would recommend a JDM / Quaife / wavetrac Diff as a plate diff can be a bit 'clunky' for everyday use.
Yes a plate diff is far Superior to an ATB diff but there a bugger to live with.
I've been using an ATB diff for last 6 years on track and as my daily driver and cannot fault it.

I would disagree with you both to somepoint here, ive found it pretty easy to live with the Spoon diff as a daily driver.

Really?

I've been in about 4 cars with Kazz diff's in now and they all 'clonk' when on lock or pulling away.
Maybe it's just the kazz diff that does it.
Does Your spoon diff does not 'clonk' then?

I would disagree with you both to somepoint here, ive found it pretty easy to live with the Spoon diff as a daily driver.

To be fair I have never driven one myself so my comment was purely based on views I have heard from others.

Back