• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R EP3 Indicators not work8ng

Hi all. This has been happening a while but recent weather has only just made it an issue!

Basically in really hot weather my indicators just stop working: no flashing on the dash, side mirrors, front and rear all stop working. When it cools down they start again, although this morning I had to put my hazards on first which seemed to reset it.

Everything else works, hazards included. Assuming it’s something over-heating?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Sounds like it could be the flasher relay, the additional current needed for all four indicators using the hazards may have kicked it back to life.
When the issue happens again you an try tapping the relay with the indicator on to see if it springs in to life. Also try re-seating the relay if the pins are bit corroded or it's loose.

How bizarre. Any evidence of the loom being played about with? Possibly for any aftermarket HIDS or anything like that perhaps?

That's a wierd one. Only other thing I can think of is the altenator not working correctly, maybe a belt slips when warm and there's just not enough juice to run more than a spark? I'm clutching at straws here.

Back