• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 type r new buyer advice please

Hi everyone this is my first post on the forum
I have just sold my transporter camper and would like to buy a civic type r .
I have budget of over 10k so am looking for a really good low mileage example.
Is it worth going for the jdm model or sticking with the premiere edition model ?
I want something special that I can look after for many years to come .
Advice appreciated please
Dan .

For that budget you could be looking at a low milage FN2 as opposed to an EP3

I really don't like the shape of the fn2 .
On the other hand the fd2 jam is beautiful , although they all seem to be priced nearer the 13k mark

Maybe worth looking at DC5's for that price. In my opinion they are the best of the type r models.

ok I will have a look at the integra , I have never really seen one in the flesh .
I spoke to a local importer today and he said the civic jdm is more a day to day car where as the integra is more racey and sharper with better handling , steering and brakes .

I would go and test drive them first to see what you think. General is that the DC5 is a more drivers car than a EP3 or an FN2, but if you like luxuries then an FN2 will be better.

during my call to the local importer today he said he has ep3 jdm and dc5 s I am welcome to look at them but cannot drive them cause they are sold .This applies to all his cars of these models as they are sold before he gets them into uk
I live in Plymouth and I cannot see either of the cars anywhere for sale locally , nearest one is Bristol .
Guess I will just have to make a couple journeys to try them even if I am not going to buy that particular car .

during my call to the local importer today he said he has ep3 jdm and dc5 s I am welcome to look at them but cannot drive them cause they are sold .This applies to all his cars of these models as they are sold before he gets them into uk
I live in Plymouth and I cannot see either of the cars anywhere for sale locally , nearest one is Bristol .
Guess I will just have to make a couple journeys to try them even if I am not going to buy that particular car .
Dude. Sign up for itr-DC5.CO.UK all the info you need is there

The DC5 has a bigger boot and in general is more practical. It also benefits from hydraulic power steering which you don't get on the JDM EP3.

The other side of the coin is that if you ever needed panels, lights or glass for the car, you'll have a much easier job getting them for the EP3.

ok thanks for all the info guys gives me something to think about moving forward . I will keep looking every day and see what motors come up

You can get a nice ~40-50,000 mile facelift DC5 for around £10k, if you let me know when you sign up to the DC5 forum I'll approve your registration.

There's a facelift for sale on there at the moment with a full mugen lip kit.

Here it is.

e02b9004b6ed0d2ec184b5d4c982693f.jpg

d74b13a9f6dff05bb1757da5752449d3.jpg

For what it's worth to you I've had a few EP3's a couple of DC5's and now have an FD2 , it's only early days for me having the FD2 but already I'm rating it as the best Type R I have owned, though the DC5 is very capable. Depends what you want from a car ?

Back