• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R No.3 - My Milano Red FN2 GT **MILTEK ZORST**

N77

Purchased on Saturday 4th February 2012 with 29,800 miles on the clock and FHSH with paperwork from Honda.

IMG_1352-1.jpg

Specification

Milano Red
GT Spec inc A/C, Auto Lights and Auto Wipers etc...
Factory Fitted Sat Nav and HFT (Hands Free Telephone) with Voice Control
Full GP Pack
19" Rage alloys
Premium Type R mats

Modifications

Tinted Windows (not sure how dark as already done, not very dark though)
Debaged "Civic" removed
Richbrook alloy Tax Disc holder (Twist off version)
Logo'd Number plate surrounds
Pressed Metal Number plates with Personalised plate

To be continued...

Photos

P1000128.jpg

P1000127.jpg

P1000125.jpg

P1000129.jpg

P1000130.jpg

The Day of arrival, covered in snow :(

IMG_1333.jpg

Updated Pics and Mods

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

401968b8.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

P1000229.jpg

'R' Battery Tie Bar & Tegiwa fitting kit

IMG_1807.jpg

My website graphics

IMG_1799.jpg

Ultra Racing Rear Upper Strut and C Pillar

P1000231.jpg

P1000237-1.jpg

Ultra Racing Room Bar

P1000227.jpg

P1000226.jpg

Sumo Power Gloss Black Vinyl Strip

IMG_1810.jpg

Dark Smoke Fog Light protectors

IMG_1801.jpg

Carbon Wrapped parts

6b4b50d5.jpg

7232b095.jpg

a7d3fd7c.jpg

Tein springs & FRSU

0422f6a3.jpg

Modified Richbrook Tax Disc

1725f02c.jpg

Display plates

5b0c245e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my collection of bits and modifications have started already

IMG_1355.jpg

First off is the Richbrook Tax Disc holder (twist off version), this was in the car already but falling off. So I have took it out and give it a good clean up and removed a sticker that was on the rear, to change it for an updated version I am waiting to come from Mook.

Next is a new leather gear gaitor, as the one that was already in had the usual wear just at the top at the front.

Then a genuine Honda iPod adaptor I managed to purchase off another forum as Honda don't do them anymore I have been informed, need a further cable for this though before I can fit it and the dash needs to be pretty much removed :lol:

Also on the gadgets front is a camera for the rear of the car to be used as a reversing camera, just waiting on a cable I need to connect it to the built in Sat Nav unit, then it will display on the Sat Nav screen when reverse is engaged.

Then the nice people at the DVLA (for a change) have done my plate transfer the same time as registering me as the new owner of the vehicle, so I have been able to put my personalised plates on within a week :)

So I decided to go for something different than the usual plates and ordered these pressed metal ones with the GB badge (for when a Euro trip arises) coupled with some surrounds with the Type R, Mugen and Honda logos at the bottom.

Also when I purchased the car unfortunately the owners manual was missing, so I hadn't got a clue how to change things and use the various bits of technology. Well I was pleased with myself on last Sunday night as eBay came to my rescue. I had found this auction just after getting back from picking the car up, so I was going to make sure I got it as it had all the manuals for the whole shabang, complete with the usual owners manual, but it had the Sat Nav manual and iPod adaptor too complete with another folder, so I got it for the starting bid so I was well chuffed.

IMG_1356.jpg

Now I have a full and complete set of documents, the main bits of paperwork was present though including fully stamped service book and paperwork to back up the services from Honda and previous MOT. The owner actually got the MOT done early for me so I had a full 12 months.

IMG_1357.jpg

Plates look lovley. Not a fan of the rages personaly but if you like them then hey ho.

Fns are seriously growing on me, saw a black one a couple minutes ago with HIDs and personalised plates. Looked very well.

Plates look lovley. Not a fan of the rages personaly but if you like them then hey ho.

Fns are seriously growing on me, saw a black one a couple minutes ago with HIDs and personalised plates. Looked very well.

Yeah I do like the Rages but I do prefer smaller sized wheels for the handling and ride side of things, so I am getting a set of standard 18's as well.

The Rages do need refurbishing though as they have suffered the pitting problem that a few have had, none are kerbed or damaged, just shabby looking. So might go for a different finish on them, I have seen something I like but obviously can't get them sorted as they are an important part of the car at the moment :lol:

Well had a call from Honda in West Brom this morning to say a part had arrived, so quickly put my plates on as I had already informed the insurance company and shot down there.

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

JDM Yo! :lol:

They are JDM covers that replaces the back of the keys, and has a Red H instead of a black one. Not sure why the Type R didn't have this to start with but anyway, expensive for a bit of plastic but a little touch. Also I think I knew I would be back in a Type R and kept my "R" keyring, although its the previous R its been on all my Type R keys.

Also plates and surrounds added, will have to do them properly as I only did them quickly so I could fetch the above, but its freezing out there.

IMG_1359.jpg

Sounds like things are moving along nicely as per your previous cars. Will follow this with interest. Good work so far ;).

Nice!

Keep the updates coming!

I've seen the Rages refurbed in black before, they look good with the GP kit on the Milano FN2s. Being a diamond cut finish they are a pain and expensive to get refurbed to the OEM look unfortunately.

18s will feel a lot better though!

What's next on the list?!

Next on the list is a good clean but can't do it as yet, but have the chance of purchasing a HKS induction kit now too, wasn't really going to mess with that yet though as I was going to wait until I went to a mod friendly company and FRSU is priority.

Also just tried to change the gaitor and its a bit of a bastid to remove the knob isn't it? still not managed to budge it yet.

Wrap the knob in masking or electrical tape and just twist it off.

If it still won't come, use one of those mini screwdrivers down between the top of the gaitor and the gear lever, and hold the tabs back that hold the plastic collar onto the nut and push the collar down.

When you've got the gaitor pushed down you'll be able to get a spanner on the locking nut. ;)

Cheers Loxy,

I have got the gaitor down and can see the locking nut, just need a spanner :lol:

I haven't got any since I moved out as I always used to use my dads tools and haven't needed any. Think I will have to invest in some now as I think I may be needing them a bit more :lol:

Most dealers should be able to order them through the UK parts system.

Sdc10055.jpg

Yeah as Loxy said, your local dealer will be able to order it as thats what I did. I was going to get one off a seller from eBay but it was from Japan and worked out just as much and the dealers are quicker. Price was £11.49 + VAT each.

Yeah I was lucky I found one with the GP pack already on it, or that would of been £570 spent already :lol:

This is what I meant. I'm sure I've seen ones better looking than this though. Needs the centre caps doing, a bit of camber and some spacers to stick them out a bit and they would look spot on.

IMG_3740-reduced.jpg

IMG_3739-reduced.jpg

Back