• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

type r restricted?

Has the ctr got restricters in it or limited to 146?

just wondering as my ctr never goes above 7500ish rpm's in 6th every other gear it is fine to rev to 8200ish is there anything in ecu?

i have heard romours of baffles in exhaust any truth in this and can they be removed if it is true?

cheers

P90

Personally I would've thought that 146mph is all that 197bhp could give you.

I had 8,000+ rpm in 6th gear when I had my EP3 - 146mph is maximum permitted speed due to gearing.

IIRC you should be able to hit the limiter in 6th and thats 146mph. :wink:

Clock2.jpg

You can get them to show 8,000rpm. Just takes some doing. This was in my first CTR.

And before anyone moans, yes, stupid.

lol ur my hero :)

was it stock type r or imported 1 any mods?

u sure that aint paint shop?

and as i said mine just stops at 7500rpms and was doin bang on 146mph

I've not hit the rev limiter in mine but I've had 155 on the gps showing. Mine was JRSCd and the rev limit moved. Gearing isn't the problem it's lack off power.

I should imagine that is slightly modified if it's doing 160+ mph. think 146 will do me personally.

Was a stock CTR on a slight slope. It hit the limiter not long after the I took the pic. It was taken at around 7.10am on the way to work. I had one passenger in the car with me.

And no, it is not a paint shop. I still have the phone that took I the pic with and the original is still on the phone. I also have a night time vid of getting up to an indicated 160 but had to back off due to me approaching traffic. The road that it was done on is perfect for high speed runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ that man speaketh the truth.:cool:

not seen that pic for a while.:cool:

hmmm might give mine another go when i get new rubber put on it and on a nice track straight

when i got to top speed i had 4 ppl in car and bout 40miles off a full tank of petrol

I've not hit the rev limiter in mine but I've had 155 on the gps showing. Mine was JRSCd and the rev limit moved. Gearing isn't the problem it's lack off power.

also what is JRSCd and how did u move ur rev limiter? and does all gps show you your speed? or u got top of range?
what does the gps show compared to ur speedo this could show how accurate the speedo is compared to actual speed

ta v much guys

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll be doing around 135mph at an indicated 146 on the speedo:)

The faster you go the more inaccurate the speedo becomes.

also what is JRSCd and how did u move ur rev limiter? and does all gps show you your speed? or u got top of range?
what does the gps show compared to ur speedo this could show how accurate the speedo is compared to actual speed

ta v much guys
JRSC stands for Jackson Racing Super Charger. Your rev limiter can be moved by having an aftermarket chip installed as this just gets the ECU to set the rev limiter higher. The chip of choice on the forums appears to be the Kpro by Hondata. It enables various alterations including rev limiter and VTEC control, but should only be mapped by a pro.

Shouldn't think his speedo shows much at the moment due to an unfortunate event of hydrolock...

so when u say rev limiter is that the 8200ish limiter in every gear?

and how much them chips cost to intall and purchse?

cheers xx

Back