• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type-r with K-pro BHP????

Tdi North have quoted me £890.75 just over a month ago for the Hondata Kpro. Not had a mention from them about the K100. This was more than I was thinking so saving the pennies... :oops:

this is the same information i got, so where is it a 3rd cheaper from? tdi told me it takes about four hours longer mapping the car with k100? thus bumping up the cost, someone is obviously talking rubbish at tdi if what you guys are saying is true :confused:

Shame they're in Guildford. Google maps says its 480 miles round trip from me and 7 hours 55 mins... :(

Tdi's still the main realistic option but their prices are seeming steep compared to these guys.

cheers mate, i think i misunderstood what you said, i thought you meant a third cheaper for Kpro! they are quite far for me also so may give tdi another call and enlighten them with this new information you guys have giving me ;) .

so just to confirm power increases are same for both?:confused:

Let us know what tdi come back with!!:twisted:

Kpro is useless on a UKDM CTR anyway as they have a narrowband lambda. You need a proper wideband lambda and a USDM ECU, OR an external A/F gauge to tune it properly. (Which is what the tuners do IIRC)

K100 FTW.

Why would K100 take longer to map, it's the same as Kpro but without user access. :confused:

I presume it's something to do with K100 not having an easy access USB port like K-Pro so making any chances to the map means a whole lot more work is involved (remove ecu, remove daughter board, make change, reinstall??) Additionally K100 doesn't have datalogging which means that mapping may take longer too?!

Kpro is useless on a UKDM CTR anyway as they have a narrowband lambda. You need a proper wideband lambda and a USDM ECU, OR an external A/F gauge to tune it properly. (Which is what the tuners do IIRC)

K100 FTW.

K100 costs more to tune (as detailed above) and limits you to having changes made by your tuner. This means you've got a trip to your local tuner (or not so local for most) to get even the most minor change made. Additionally you can't do any datalogging with a K100 even if you had a wideband, so your 100% limited to paying out £50+ an hour for any chances.

So far from been useless on a UK CTR K-Pro is the better option to have, and if you plan to run your civic in more than one or two different states of tune it should potentially pay for itself.

K100 costs more to tune (as detailed above) and limits you to having changes made by your tuner. This means you've got a trip to your local tuner (or not so local for most) to get even the most minor change made. Additionally you can't do any datalogging with a K100 even if you had a wideband, so your 100% limited to paying out £50+ an hour for any chances.

So far from been useless on a UK CTR K-Pro is the better option to have, and if you plan to run your civic in more than one or two different states of tune it should potentially pay for itself.

Sorry I disagree.

You cant data log the A/F ratio on the Kpro properly unless you have some sort of A/F reader. To get the most out of Kpro, you need the wideband lambda and ECU to accept it. (Even more costs on top of the Kpro premium)

The only way you benefit with Kpro, is if you are good with tuning it yourself, and have the necessary upgrades to do so. Or if you trust other people's maps, and just upload and use them.

So K100 is better for the average Joe Bloggs, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have K-Pro, and do not tune it myself, happy to let someone else do all that fiddly button pressing stuff. Have to say the car runs superbly, gives great power and the fact it is k-pro means that with all the on going changes to the spec list it has been a godsend being able to re-map at need. Especially being a project a car that has been used to try many different engine tuning methods. It has gone from being F/I to N/A, will be having cams put in and then last stage some ITB's put on.

All of course mapped with the UK K-Pro without the US wideband addition.

Of course I realise that not everyone changes things that much.

Overall I am very happy and do feel I get the most out of it (Well Paul does anyway).

Also bear in mind that Artech will tune you a K100 and give you the map so you can take it else where (if you wish) for tweaks. They've got to be onto a winner there :cool:, best of both worlds.

Also bear in mind that Artech will tune you a K100 and give you the map so you can take it else where (if you wish) for tweaks. They've got to be onto a winner there :cool:, best of both worlds.

Hi James,

We don't give the map when using a K100 as the customer obvioulsy don't do mapping himself but we dont lock the map so if the guy feels the need to go else where the next tuner could take off the map with his Kpro anyway ;)

you can also get the dastek unichip they are a plug and play unit and mapped to your car and have to be remapped by the dealer like the K100, The gains are the same but the unichip is about £500 mapped. I was going to go for this but never got around to it. Beware of buying a second hand unichip as the dealers want £250 to map it and they will fetch between £200 and £250 second hand so unless its mapped to your spec I would buy new for the warranty.

Hi James,

We don't give the map when using a K100 as the customer obvioulsy don't do mapping himself but we dont lock the map so if the guy feels the need to go else where the next tuner could take off the map with his Kpro anyway ;)

My mistake! But, still the same principle :)

cheers mate, i think i misunderstood what you said, i thought you meant a third cheaper for Kpro! they are quite far for me also so may give tdi another call and enlighten them with this new information you guys have giving me ;) .

so just to confirm power increases are same for both?:confused:

Did you ever get in touch with tdi about the k100?

would you put kpro on your car to get better mpg? or wait till you maybe want to add stuff onto your car?

Back