• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR vs "The - MPG vs DC5 thread"

TypeGRRR

Administrator
Administrator
Well after seeing DaveC's epic MPG thread, achieving an astonishing 43 MPG. I thought I'd have a little go.

Wednesday 11th Feb
Norwich to Work - 70 miles
Work to Home - 12 miles

Thursday 12th February
Home to Work - 12 miles
Work to Home - 12 miles

Friday 13th February
Home to Work -12 miles
Work to Home - 12 miles

Tuesday 17th February
Home to Work via Skoda- 13 miles
Work to Home via Skoda- 13 miles

Saturday 21st February
Home to TGM Motorsport - 113 miles
Tom at TGM Motorsport drive about - 7 miles
TGM Motorsport to Tiptree - 105 miles
Tiptree to Shell Garage 7 miles

Total mileage 385.5 miles
Total fuel 44.5 litres (didn't realise I had so much fuel left, could of easily cracked the 400 mile mark)

MPG = 39.4

I think that's a pretty good effort considering, it was 12 separate trips, my work run involves a lot of queuing in traffic (probably 15 minutes worth each day and each way). 7 miles was driven by Tom at TGM 'testing the car out'. ;) Plus I didn't stick at a measly 65mph either most of the driving dual/motorway driving was at 70-80mph. I did however manage to resist VTEC the whole tank (a first for me in over a years worth of ownership) and I only ever accelerated slowly and hardly used my brakes at all...

Just as well I've saved some wedge as my car had new discs and pads yesterday... :( wasn't expecting the need for a few more miles yet...

:D

I bet that test was hard work, lots of patience needed. Were you a POW in North Vietnam?

I dont think I have ever got over 30MPG, even if driving like a granny the car just burns the stuff tooo quick! I’m always on Vpower, so if that does make an economic difference then it would be worse without it!

Hey Chris, not trying to be a cunny funt but there is a Shell garage in Tiptree. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: I know I used to always get it there, but then I found the Marks Tey one, which is still on the way home and nearly always a penny cheaper! ;)

:lol: I know I used to always get it there, but then I found the Marks Tey one, which is still on the way home and nearly always a penny cheaper! ;)

That would be the one on the A120 and not the one opposite The Food Company.

The sh*tty one is a rip off scumbag mofo franchise with no morals. :evil: :evil: :evil:

The decent one on the A120 (just after the Pet Food Shop :oops:) is a good garage. :cool:

That would be the one on the A120 and not the one opposite The Food Company.

The sh*tty one is a rip off scumbag mofo franchise with no morals. :evil: :evil: :evil:

The decent one on the A120 (just after the Pet Food Shop :oops:) is a good garage. :cool:
I don't think it's the one opposite The Food Company, it's the one on the north bound side. :confused: You come off at the Tey turnoff and double back on yourself, go over the rail line, then the mini round-about and it's about 200 yards further up on the right... wait I have a fuel receipt... Shell Sextons, Coggeshal Road, Colchester, CO6 1LT... is that the sh*tty one or the decent one?

I don't think it's the one opposite The Food Company, it's the one on the north bound side. :confused: You come off at the Tey turnoff and double back on yourself, go over the rail line, then the mini round-about and it's about 200 yards further up on the right... wait I have a fuel receipt... Shell Sextons, Coggeshal Road, Colchester, CO6 1LT... is that the sh*tty one or the decent one?

That is the decent one fella. :cool:

The other one is run by [pc head on]A gentleman of sub continental asian origin[/pc head on] and I am sure he is a dodgy fukker. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back