• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

136k KM (or 86k Miles), however there's no Japanese history and some 'missing' UK service history, so who knows. However, I have a 10 year stack of receipts from my 20 months of ownership... :lol:

There's a few things that have happened over the last few months (nothing bad), which I'll add soon. I don't know why, but I haven't been arsed to update my thread recently...

Anyway, I'm off to Santa Pod tomorrow, I've been looking forward to it for a while now, although the weather forecast doesn't look ideal. :rolleyes: It will be the first real test of it's performance since fitting the 5zigen manifold, cams and mapping, if I can get some dry runs in, I'm hoping for consistent high 14's (most of my runs last time round were in the low/mid 15's). Though my main aim of the day is to obviously beat my previous record of 14.9 @94mph, and hopefully my DC5, and all time record of 14.8! :twisted:

Cheers, what are you doing on such a momentous occasion, fancy a burn up at the Pod. ;)

Normal stuff im afraid. Shopping and stuff like that.

I'd love go but i can't be arsed drive the distance for the predicted weather. If it was a nice day then i would be more tempted.

I managed loads of 14.7s and 14.8s, which I'm pleased with given the conditions and a fairly strong headwind! :cool:

UPDATE: 25/04/2012 - Trip to Santa Pod Raceway

I had a great day out at Santa Pod on Saturday, although the weather wasn't the best, with the odd shower here and there, it did deter just about everyone else in the South East! 15 or so CRX-UK members turned up, and we shared the strip with just a handful of other cars, in fact, we had so much track time, one member managed 7 runs in just 20 minutes!

Despite the conditions, I managed to shave 0.25 seconds off my previous time and 0.15 seconds off my all time record that I set in the DC5. My best time of the day was 14.701, I think with better conditions, I could shave a further two tenths off. Perhaps we need a early Summer TRO Pod meet! :smt096

After my 14 runs, something did eventually break… after an overzealous 1st to 2nd gear change, I managed to snap off the gear knob. :oops: It's properly snapped the shaft, I'm hoping I can re-thread it and pop the knob back on.

Here's a quick video I made of myself from the day. :D

[video=youtube;NLiaoDGMP0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLiaoDGMP0Y[/video]

Back