• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

typhoon AEM or oem with hondata conversion

Hi what route should I take with my air filter? At the mo I'm getting around 300 miles to a full tank of fuel.
Will it drink fuel if i Change to a induction set up.
Any info would be much appreciated.

Changing your intake shouldn't affect your fuel consumption.

You'll get more noise from the AEM intake

Hi what route should I take with my air filter? At the mo I'm getting around 300 miles to a full tank of fuel.
Will it drink fuel if i Change to a induction set up.
Any info would be much appreciated.

You will notice no difference with changing your intake, if anything you may gain a few extra miles as more cold air = better combustion.

Going for any kind of induction kit will effect the noise, depends if you want noise and how much.

Which induction kit would you recommend typhoon or the AEM v2 ?

If I had to choose between then then id go with the AEM, but if I could choose any induction kit it would be the HKS RSK but this does cost more.

At the moment I'm running a K&N panel with hondata airbox mod, I prefer this setup over a induction kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a dyno thread on the ctro site, comparing a typhoon to the hondata mod. Hondata only got 1bhp more peak bhp, but the power curve is much better. Those open cones in the engine bay, get no cold air to them. Aem long ram (v1) best bet if you can't stretch to tegiwa, as it least it moves the cone further away from the exhaust headers. Aem v2 and typhoon are both far to close to exhaust to be effective.

Back