• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

typhoon or aem v2..... which has more heatsoak??

whiich 1 has more heatsoak as everybody says the aem is way better, but it looks like it sits even deeper, and closer to the gearbox than the k&n..... whats your opinions??

Attachments

• 2489_0.jpg
    2489_0.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 2761579-3.jpg
    2761579-3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00462.jpg
    DSC00462.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 5686332e.jpg
    5686332e.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Engine1.jpg
    Engine1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 54
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 46
im gonna buy a itg maxogen? what do you think about that kit? but i just want to know why people rate the aem more over the typhoon?

in the wheel arch, well i can only imagine that the fact its even further away from the engine and is getting more cold air it will be better for performance, how much better is questionable

but i just want to know why people rate the aem more over the typhoon?

Are you not getting confused with people rating the AEM CAI which sits in the wheel arch and so draws on pure cold air?

I always thought that both the V2 and Typhoon were regarded as equally susceptible to heatsoak. The V2 does have a funky shaped intake pipe which is supposed to improve airflow where the K&N has pretty much a constant diameter mandrel bent pipe. No amount of fancy pipework will prevent it sucking in warm air from the engine bay though. :lol:

Now you're getting an ITG Maxogen I'm guessing the Topfuel intake has bit the dust?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an AEM V2 and i can vouch that it does suffer from heatsoak, the car isn't as responsive as it was with the OEM box, but i must admit it does sound amazing. You'll fine with all cone induction kits that they're all the same, so if i was you just do what i'm doing, buy a cheap one (i paid £75 for my aem v2) and just save up for a gruppe m or a tegiwa

just bought a typhoon and have,nt got it fitted yet but might just sell on and save for the tegiwa.......

just bought a typhoon and have,nt got it fitted yet but might just sell on and save for the tegiwa.......

that's probably the best option IF your looking for performance...

Tegiwa/GruppeM are the only real perfroamcne inductions

Tegiwa/GruppeM are the only real perfroamcne inductions

Not strictly true. ITG, ARC, AEM/Injen CAI and so on make decent gains, just happens the GruppeM is at the top of the tree power wise. If you want quiet with 90% of the top end gains, and better low end torque then an ITG is a perfect kit for example.

Thats the post I was looking for, I have a ITG Maxogen from my previous ep3 type R, now have a DC5 and was contemplating changing the ITG for Tegiwa for the Teg but hearing that Im going to stick with the ITG, cheers Hasnic,

Out of curiosity has anyone succesfully made a longer cold air feed for the ITG by removing the foglight cover or something similar?

Out of curiosity has anyone succesfully made a longer cold air feed for the ITG by removing the foglight cover or something similar?

There is no fog light cover on a DC5, it is a duct to provide cool air to the brakes.

Cheers Chris, I am ashamed to say I did not know that :(

thinking about it, Iv'e never seen a DC5 with foglights and now I know why!

Back