• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre Combination etc

Basically i have recently bought another ep3, after hours of research i just replaced the rear tyres with toyo t1r's, i have re40 on the front still with roughly 5/6mm tread left.

im my old ep3 i had re40 on all four corners, brilliant side wall & fantastic dry grip, scary in the wet :eek:

What i want to know is, will this set up effect my handling? as the t1rs are very soft compared to the re40's. will i get more over/understeer. wich combination is best for a frsu?

shall i put more psi i.e 34 in the t1r's?

or am i better of putting the slightly worn re40 on the rear, new t1r's on the front?

Sorry if this has been covered before, i couldn't find anything with this specific information.

if there is please point me in the right direction :)

swapped them over, omfg what a difference 32psi in front & 30 in the rear, only a slight hint of wheel spin in the damp, fantastic grip, they're not even worn in yet :)

side wall is a bit like cheese, but good grip

first impressions are very good, can't wait to get my frsu

I would dissagree with nick. I found (on my old type R which i tried both t1-s and t1-Rs on) that 2 psi more in each was an improvement. So 34 front and 32 rear (I am sure that is what i had as standard it is 32 front and 30 rear if i remember correctly). As your running the standard tyre on the rear though keep that at the stock level.

Oh and agreed for road use understeer is always the favoured, trying to get an oversteering front wheel drive car on a public road back in a straight line is even more dangerous than the stupid speed you need to do to get it oversteering in the first place.

I just assumed the standard PSI was 32 all round but as the front end is heavier it would need more air in the tyres to give equal balance.

I will try 34/32 soon.

34psi+ works better in T1r's because they are made of jelly and need the extra pressure for the sidewalls to hold up during cornering..... 32f 30r is perfect for potz.

Back