• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre Seal Gel.

I've been looking @ tyre seal gel on the net, as I removed my space saver & tools for a little weight loss move. I'm getting worried I might get a punture & look like a right dildo with no spare. So far I've found a few different brands between £22 & £50. Does anybody use this stuff & know the best vendor. I heard VW Lupo's now come with the Tyre sealent instead of a space saver + You can use it on your other vehicles inc mountain bikes etc! :eek:

Bare in mind some tyres places won't repair a puncture on a tyre with gel/foam in it. Also its completely useless if you have a blowout or if the tyre is slashed or ripped.

No experience of the product but I had a blow out last week, I doubt any of the stuff you look at could fix that.

I would rather have the space saver and peice of mind than forsake it to be 10kg lighter

The spacesaver is there for a reason - don't give yourself the opportunity to look like a total numpty on the hard shoulder, leave it in. ;)

Spacesaver look cool:cool: got a puncture yesterday, gutted really!!:evil: but id never give up the spacesaver for tyre seal gel, too risky. And how much weight are you gonna save getting rid of a wheel fit for a racer?!:confused:

Attachments

• Spacesaver.JPG
    Spacesaver.JPG
    423.5 KB · Views: 13
Theres a tyre sealant that comes with minis that is waterbased so can be removed and repaired (if its a puncture ofc).

I've just got a can of tyre weld, however if im going on a long distance trip, then the spare wheel goes in (I have a full sized one though, weighs a tonne :|)

Back