• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tyre sizing and brake setup questions

Tyres

looking at getting some new tyres at the start of the year with my xmas bonus

wondering what is the best to go for out of the following

205/45/17 [OEM size]
215/40/17 [what i currently run]
215/45/17 [same width as my current tyres but with an oem size profile]

the 215/45/17 are cheaper by quite some margin, just wondering essentially if it will make any difference

Brakes

plan on getting some DS2500, braided lines, uprated fluid and a brake stopper

is it worth looking at uprated discs at all? i have stock discs at the moment, will i notice any improvement running an aftermarket disc?

car is a daily that will be also used on track.

Cheers :)

I always go with OEM size but 215/45/17 are a lot cheaper. I don't think it'll make that much difference at all. OEM discs are fine unless you're doing loads of track days.

ok cool, thats the tyres sorted

i am buying AD08s so 205/45/17 & 215/40/17 are around 150-160 per corner whereas 215/45/17 are about £130 per corner meaning a saving of around £100 overall.

with regards to the brakes, my current discs are pretty new so just adding uprated pads should be ok even for track work?

here is where i am looking [quidco & clubcard points etc]

doesnt say they are OOS, so I'm not entirely sure.

either way, i am not buying untill the new year and not fitting them until it warms up a bit so if they are OOS at the moment then it doesnt matter too much

yeah, i caught that thread.

only problem is that federal are a bit 'unproven' i guess.

i would rather go for the ad08s as i have driven a car with them fitted and have had great feedback from friends who have ran them on a variety of cars.

it would be interesting to hear some feedback on these federals, especially as people are likening them to R888s

does anyone have suggestions for brake fluids to consider?

looking for a high performance fluid to complement the ds2500 and braided lines.

Back