• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre stepped?!

Anyone else had a problem with stepped tyres? My rears are stepped and is reccommended I buy new. turned my £10 wheel balance into £230! Only difference is it whuurs at about 60-80+, which i can live with. Does it have any effect on bearings, if it does I think ill order some new tyres.

you mean scrubbed out from the rear camber angle. inside 1/3 of tyre gets worn out and makes a rumble noise at motorway speeds. try and rotate your tyres periodicly for maximum tyre life. i rotated mine as soon as they started to rumble, as there only scrubbed out on the inside edge spotting the wear on the front is real difficult rather than on display at the rear. but it transfers the rumble sound to the front and makes the stearing more twitchy and heavyer tram lining but thats worth getting used to for the sakes of new tyres.

Back