• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre wear

Iv just had all 4 tyers changed on friday and i was told and i saw that the rear near side tyer had very uneven wear to the inside of it. I had my tracking set up by the same place a month ago, i am now wondering how and why the tyer was in such a state...dose anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advace.

Get your geometry set up correctly, take it to a garage and get it laser aligned and camber adjusted. A fast road set up will possibly cure the problem.

Get your geometry set up correctly, take it to a garage and get it laser aligned and camber adjusted. A fast road set up will possibly cure the problem.

The camber is not adjustable as standard on the EP3 so I wold definitely go with ALIA's advice and get the Fast Road Set up done. I had this done at ABP Motorsport. During the setup they fit adustable camber arms to the rear axle. This allows the correct camber to be dialled in to correct your uneven tyre wear.

The camber is not adjustable as standard on the EP3 so I wold definitely go with ALIA's advice and get the Fast Road Set up done. I had this done at ABP Motorsport. During the setup they fit adustable camber arms to the rear axle. This allows the correct camber to be dialled in to correct your uneven tyre wear.

Was your car lowered or on standard suspension? I heard that you dont need rear adjusters if it is standard ride height as they can modify the existing arms?

Honda did two different size rear arms, had to have mine changed because my camber was out. When I told them they said that they new about it and the new bolts were 2mm bigger and fixed the geometry :confused:

Fast road set up FTW

I had a similar problem on my '03, there was a bad batch of rear arms made, I had one on my car which they replaced under warranty.

Was your car lowered or on standard suspension? I heard that you dont need rear adjusters if it is standard ride height as they can modify the existing arms?

My car is on standard suspension. They have to put adjustable camber bolts on the rear in order to adjust it. They also give you a printout of before and after adjustment settings.

My car is on standard suspension. They have to put adjustable camber bolts on the rear in order to adjust it. They also give you a printout of before and after adjustment settings.

Do you mean camber arms? I was under the impression that they were not needed if you're on oem suspension. Oh well, obviously not then. Do your tyres wear evenly even with FRSU by the way?

The tyres were bridgestones and it's on standard suspension, so do i need rear camber arms or not am a bit confused now :confused:

The geometry was set up on a laser system and i saw the before and after read outs so i guess the camber etc should have been spot on?

Last edited by a moderator:
The standar rear arms are one piece of solid metal, so I can't really see how they would be adjustable. There are tolerances set by Honda for the rear arms, this is so wear and tear on the rear arms are taken into account.

My advice would be to buy some aftermarket rear arms. and get it set up properly. You'll probably recoup the money by not having to replace your tyres as often anyway and it will definitely make your car handle better. Was the only mod I did to my CTR and is the only one currently lacking from my DC5 that I want to do. That will soon change however. :D

Cheers for the advice jermal...as soon as im working again il get saveing for some, you know what make would be good and how much we are talking about for a set?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the advice jermal...as soon as im working again il get saveing for some, you know what make would be good and how much we are talking about for a set?

For rear camber arms I'd get the D2 Racing ones from Unit 8. Circa £60 delivered, it's practically half the price of other camber arms such as Eibach and SPL.

hmm...i'm not too sure if i should get a set or not, might have to if the new tyres start to go the same way as the old ones. All i know is i really don't like the tyres they put on :mad:

Back