• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tyres. what to get.

Alright peeps, just wondering people's thoughts are on tyres. For fast road use on a FN2 Type R. I've always been a Michelin man myself always went for PE2's and PS3'S on my clio 182. As they were superb in the wet and the dry. What's people's alternatives? And why? should a stick to my guns and go with PS3'S of try something different. Cheers Mark :)

I don't fancy the Mrs putting it in a wall. :lol: I'm looking for a all rounders really as this weather is pants. I like decent grip in the wet.

I'm thinking of trying the PS4's next as I'm not impressed with the Asymmetric 2's!

Just bought two more AD08R - when they arrive I'll get them put on the Rays wheels currently sat in my attic.. Then fit the wheels when the temperature gets a bit better !

I am also in this pickle, need 2 new ones for the front, dunno whether to stick with the Bridgestones, get the eagle f1 asymmentric, or ps3.

Regards

Andrew

I am also in this pickle, need 2 new ones for the front, dunno whether to stick with the Bridgestones, get the eagle f1 asymmentric, or ps3.

Regards

Andrew
I've got the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's on the EP3, in the wet they just don't grip if you're anything but gentle. But that could be partly down to my shorter FD I have making it easier to spin them up.

I have f1's all round on my DC5 and in the wet are brilliant, damp not so much. In the wet from a standing start I can launch up to 3rd without any wheel spin. Might be the lsd but prob a combo of noth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F1's are fairly good in the wet. You just have to drive in accordance with the conditions and you'll stay on the grey stuff.

Drive it like you stole it and it'll end in tears, like this dis'astra.

Although this was taken a summer day #understeer

f1217f752691e9ff979f8a5e8443f46c.jpg

F1's are fairly good in the wet. You just have to drive in accordance with the conditions and you'll stay on the grey stuff.

That's standard Vauxhall handling :lol:

Yeah I know, being too spirited isn't a great idea in the damp/wet, hate winter.

I have f1's all round on my DC5 and in the wet are brilliant, damp not so much. In the wet from a standing start I can launch up to 3rd without any wheel spin. Might be the lsd but prob a combo of noth

Just to say I never do push it the wet not really worth it. But as above did it as a test

I was looking at this trying to work out why it seemed familiar and then realised it happened right near where I used to live.

Kid borrowed his parent's car IIRC, went over a roundabout WRC style and landed in a house.

What the PS3'S like on your Ep3 @ Scottish Type R??

Might try the PS4's depending on price!

The PS3s have been great on my EP3. Good in the wet. Good grip. E rating for Fuel lol but I didn't buy a type R for Eco.

Got around 20,000 miles out my front PS3s before they were changed last year and had Avons on the car when I bought it then changed those to PS3s

The PS4 s again good wet performance. Blackcircles have them at £132.23 fully fitted per tyre. £528.84 for 4 fully fitted.

:D

Back