• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Tyres.

Bridgestone Potenzas or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

As above, due to change a set of tyres and looking for opinions please.

Do I stick with What the car came with or go for something different . Heard so good reviews about Goodyears but best to ask!

Thanks is advance .

Steve

I would recommend Dunlop sportmaxx tt.. I find them absolutely excellent..and once they warm up the grip levels are insane

...or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

I used to own a Lexus IS200 which is RWD and it was ridiculously easy to lose the back end, I've come out of roundabouts backwards before now! I eventually decided to bite the bullet and splash out on a full set of the Asymmetric 1s and thought they were fantastic, the grip improved dramatically on dry or wet roads plus I was able to pull off quicker from a standing start without spinning the wheels up too much.

I now own a FN2, asked on here for tyre recommendations and Loxy suggested the Asymetric 2s.
Following his advice plus my above experiances of Eagle F1s I booked in to get a full set of A2s fitted via Blackcircles (using the forum discount!). I'd only owned the car for a day at the time so can't say how much difference they made to the old, mix and match tyres that were on but I've certainly got no complaints about them now.
Pulling off from a standing start, cornering in wet or dry plus braking are all excellent (well the braking is as excellent as a stock FN2 can manage) and they're not too noisy either. I'd happily recommend them to anyone.

The goodyears are probably the best tried and tested all-round tyre on civics. I use them on my EP3 and I had a drive of RevMonkey's FN2 too, they suit both cars very well.

They have plenty of grip for a road tyre and are nice and predictable at the limit. Good balance between performance and comfort. I run 215/45/17s, slightly wider and deeper than oem, the stiff sidewalls mean you can run a bigger tyre without much flex. In all honesty, I'm looking at grippier tyres for super-happy-fun-time, but they would be occasional tyres on spare wheels. I'll replace the goodyears with more goodyears when they finally die.

I don't have any experience of the Bridgestones.

did you buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 in the end? how are you getting on with them VS the potenza re050a?

+1 for F1's they are as good as, if not better that the rainsport 2's in the wet and much better in the dry!

did you buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 in the end? how are you getting on with them VS the potenza re050a?

Ended up get Michelin Pilot Sport 3's all. Done about 2k since and can't fault them. Especially in wet, have loads more confidence. Car handles really well and grips well in corner in both dry and wet.
Personally would not go for Bridge stone again as they were poor in wet and seemed to wear quickly on front.

Back