• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ubermattew's honda civic type r EP3

Here is my civic type r.
love this car to bits ! :D

Currently got

• full set of Polybushes
  • energy engine mount inserts
  • polybush gear box mount insert
  • tegiwa engine damper
  • hondata air box mod with Cosworth air filter
  • hi flow 4-1 manifold with sports cat 200 cell ( being fitted this week)
  • HKS hi power cat back ( being fitted this week)
  • RBC intake manifold ported to fit 76mm throttle body ( still to be fitted)
  • AEM fuel rail with 550 cc injectors ( still to be fitted)
  • Short shifter
  • Front tie bar
  • Rear tie bar
  • Millers Nanodrive engine oil
  • Braided brake lines
  • Brembo pads and discs all round
  • New pioneer head unit

Just away to get the car mapped on a k100 then looking at some coil overs and new driveshaft and new clutch and LSD.

ill post what the car gets when i put it on the dyno. :)

Thinking about a Rotrex supercharger to get the power up around 370 bhp – 400 bhp.

What you think guys? :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_20140203_185847.jpg
    IMG_20140203_185847.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 31
Are you getting the rbc,manifold,cat back and k100 fitted and mapped at the same time pal? You won't be disappointed if you do. Just had mine mapped at tdi north with similar mods,really pleased how it drives now.. How are you finding the engine and gearbox inserts?

yeah RBC manifold but its ported out more to fit my 76 mm throttle body haha and yeah inserts are good but i use a engine damper as well trust me that engine id definitely not moving. it’s amazing how just doing that the acceleration is better i get almost zero wheel hop and engine is a lot more responsive. Highly recommend them well as long as you do not mind a little bit of vibration and if you do more strut braces and strengthening bar you got the better. ive got loads in my car and car feels solid to drive so responsive can't wait to see what it’s like with coil overs ! xD

my mate i go to that helps me fit everything is a mechanic and he keeps saying when ive got everything fitted and get a good map the car will be mad!
How is the k100? i was looking at few diffrent software to use like unichip or k100 or a kpro.

I haven't gone for a engine torque damper,heard some good and not so good story's about them. I might try one and see how I get on with it,the inserts make mine vibrate a little at tick over so a little more won't hurt lol! I had a kpro fitted in mine which is a k100 really just with a USB port and I'm more than happy with it,feels like driving a different car pottering around you won't see that much difference but stick your foot down and you will start to smile.. I would stick with a k100 or kpro for software,can't really fault them at all! Who will be mapping your car once you've fitted everything?

Closest tuning place is called Wallace performance in Aberdeen. So probs get them to map it. Rather get tdi north to do it but that’s a bit of a distance to go like =/

what power are you getting out of your type r then with those mods?

do you find it pulls alot harder after its mapped?

Yeah tdi north were quite a distance from me to in South Wales,I had all my mods fitted and mapped 2 months ago by a company in South Wales but wasn't completely happy with the map so got tdi north to map the whole rev range last week and it feels a lot smother. Real happy with it now!
There's a graph on my thread,It made 246bhp and yeah it pulls really well now! Feels stronger through every gear but it comes into it's own after 5000rpm,just keeps going! It's the overall feel of the kpro/100 that makes the difference though and not just the numbers! You won't really notice any V-TEC change over either.
You won't be disappointed at all..

That's a tasty pile of parts you have there bud! I've heard lots of good things about the K100/Kpro, I'd love to get mine mapped properly, but it won't be for a while yet.

I think the engine and gearbox mounts are one of my favourite mods so far. I've heard of torque dampers rattling and being a PITA, you had any problems?

I drove a Jackson Racing supercharged ep3 a while back, it was bats**t-crazy-fast. I felt it had lost something though, the buzz and frenzy of a high revving NA really does it for me, and that one just felt like an ordinary big engine. More power, less excitement.

It was f*****g fast though. :twisted:

yeah engine damper have not had any issues with at all. i spend good two hours setting it up right so it didn't rattle but now i have it set right its great !

yeah JRSC nice been leaning more towards the rotrex supersport ***.

That's a tasty pile of parts you have there bud! I've heard lots of good things about the K100/Kpro, I'd love to get mine mapped properly, but it won't be for a while yet.

I think the engine and gearbox mounts are one of my favourite mods so far. I've heard of torque dampers rattling and being a PITA, you had any problems?

I drove a Jackson Racing supercharged ep3 a while back, it was bats**t-crazy-fast. I felt it had lost something though, the buzz and frenzy of a high revving NA really does it for me, and that one just felt like an ordinary big engine. More power, less excitement.

It was f*****g fast though. :twisted:

ill have to have alot at a k100 / kpro when i get it mapped thanks for your advice one this guys !
ill definitely put picture and that when i get more parts fitted !

Ah, so the rattles can be avoided with correct set-up? I didn't know that. I'm tempted now...another thing on the wishlist.

Boost is much fun. Though I think if I were to have another FI car, it would be something more substantial than a civic. I like the eagerness of a light NA civic.

I'm fairly certain that there's a couple charged EP3s around Aberdeen, see if you can hunt one down and take a spin!

Back