• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unbalanced feel and steering wheel off centre..

I recently spun my car 180 on a roundabout and came to a stop as the left rear wheel smashed into the kirb, side on. The rim was broken,a 6'' long by 3'' section was smashed away. Now that i have fitted the new rim the steering wheel is slightly off centre, like i maybe crabbing and the rear of the car is a bit wobbly, side to side, going over bumps in the road, fine on speed bumbs though and ok on corners, although i havent exactly been throwing the car around. Any suggestions as to what ive done...apart from drive too fast!

what car you got? if its an ep civic i'd be looking at the lower control arm. i replaced mine and the standard ones don't look very strong, hopefully its something that you can unbolt and replace. hope you get it sorted

prob will be the lca hopefully for you bud, they dont look very strong like pressed steel. should be easy enough to change (if thats whats wrong) mine had plastic covers over the front side of the arm so check how they look from the rear

Back