• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Undecided on tyres, t1r, px4, f1. HELP

Hey all. Currently have yoko pradas spec 2 which will need to be replaced shortly. Not over impressed with them considering some peoples views on here. Fine in the dry with quite good grip in my opinion but shocking in the wet and no i dont drive like a crazy loon on speed.

I have used Toyo T1R's before on several previous cars (300hp pulsar and a 300hp 200sx) and thought really highly of them.

Considering that was a little while ago and toyo now have the Proxi 4 out what are your thoughts on these tyres below.

Stick with T1R's at £73.27 each
Toyo PX4 at £67.15 each
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 at £71.24 each

All around the same sort of price from tyretraders.co.uk so thats not really an issue.
So far im edging towards the T1R as i have used them before and they where really impressive in the wet (2nd gear in the 200sx @300hp and they just gripped in the wet at full throttle compared to some other tyres i had used on that car which would spin in 3rd)

Please dont start a discussing about other tyres that are not mentioned above as im not interested in other makes such as ditch finders, curb crunchers.

Thanks for your inputs.

i went from the pots to the f1's and there a much better tyre overall, found handling in both the wet and the dry improved massively, especially in the wet. also the road noise reduced alot and comfort improved even though they were a lower profile.

Undecided on tyres t1r px4 f1 HELP

I have never used top quality tyres before and for the amount I drive the car are they worth the money ?Ideally a comparison site would be nice ? does one exist ?

PX4's are the new T1s' I believe? They are ok, had them on my old car and they were not much cop in the wet.

Do you like nice clothes or prefer walking round in rags?

Yes a good performance tyre is better than cheap rubbish. You get improved grip, some will last longer than cheap stuff although some wont last as long such as a r888 which is basicaly a road legal slick.

Dont know of any comparison sites im affraid

It is worth having a look at some Falken FK452's. :D

Tried them and didnt like em at all on my 200. Quite a hard tyre so lasted well but poor grip level in my opinion.

How did you find the F1's on your CTR Dotty?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently running the PX4's and overall i think they're fine in all weather conditions, (strnage to read others don't rate them in the wet because i've never had any issues) my only critisizm (sp?) is that the side wall seems fairly soft and as a result i run a couple of PSI more than the CTR manual suggests.

suggested is 32 front - 30 rear, i run 34 front - 32 rear.

+1 for Toyo Proxes 4s.

I've had them on two civics and theyre a very good tyre. I've tried the T1-R and found they wore out very quickly on my CTR (under 10k miles). My brother has them on a BMW 320 coupe though and they have lasted a lot longer though.

Seem fine in the wet to me.

Is there any truth from a post on the other forum that the PX4 are being discontinued?
I have them on my car and will need some more soon.
I thought for a change i would stay with the same tyre:D

Is there any truth from a post on the other forum that the PX4 are being discontinued?
I have them on my car and will need some more soon.
I thought for a change i would stay with the same tyre:D

I read the same post but I think the Proxes 4's are actually newer than the T1-R, although I'm not 100% certain. I don't think they'll be going out of fashion any time soon though - they were only introduced in 205/45/17 in late 2007.

http://www.toyo.co.uk/productdetail.php?identity=products&product_id=62

Back