• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Uneven Ride Height

I'm getting pretty disheartened with the CTR at the minute as once i sort one problem, i seem to find another. :(:(:(:(

I noticed today that the drivers side of my CTR is approx. 1/4 - 1/2 an inch lower than the passenger side.

Is this due to the struts failing, the springs just used to having a driver in, the springs failing etc??

I've never heard of this before or seen it.

Don't suppose the car has been jacked up recently has it? My mates car did this, took a day or 2 for it to settle back down to an equal height on each side. May be something completely different in this situation though!

I did fit my AEM and that side was taking all the weight of the car. Only thing is that it was about 2 months ago now. :(

How much are struts then from Honda?

I am sure someone on here will have upgraded to coilovers.. put up a wanted advert for low mileage front struts. :)

I suspect the age and mileage of your struts is the cause here.

tweats before you rush off and buy new struts etc...

i noticed mine and spoke to a few people also whos EP3s sit like this. now 1 person bought a brand new strut from honda and it made no difference what so ever. i fitted my springs and still had the difference just a bit lower down. and couple other all experienced the same. i never got to the bottom of it..

if you do come up with a genuine answer *** be interetsed to here it :confused:

Well that kind of puts my mind at rest but i'll ask Honda to have a quick look when i dare book it in for the steering rack! :(

oooof. well let me know if you manage to find out what it is and sort it out if you would?? :cool:

I have just fitted Abp 30mm to mine the front are fine but the rear are sitting odd, one side is about 5-10mm lower? Checked them twice to make sure everything is fitted as it should but still the same, should I run them and see if they settle to the same hight or is there something else I should check, thanks

Sorry, been away for a while! As the post above says the chassis has done 82k. Had an email ages ago from Matt at ABP who recommend i check the ride height from the jacking points to see how the car sat. Not done it yet so no, it's not sorted but i haven't noticed the uneven-ness since i had 4 new tyres on.

Back