• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unichip Re-map

Just wondering if anyone here has one these chips on thier type r and just wanted to know if thier are worth getting and if the gains are good?

I would leave that tbh, Invest in something which has proven gains.

Im sure the guys on here would highly reccomend tdi north's ecu remap

r55 , i have got a K n N typhoon, Japspeed manifold and de-cat these are two separate pieces and power flow exhaust system.

the car was producing 208bhp with these mods and with the uni-chip it totally transformed the car, powers all the way through the rev range and the torque increase is also felt lower down the revs.

in my words for money spent on the mods and uni-chip well worth the results.

r55 , i have got a K n N typhoon, Japspeed manifold and de-cat these are two separate pieces and power flow exhaust system.

the car was producing 208bhp with these mods and with the uni-chip it totally transformed the car, powers all the way through the rev range and the torque increase is also felt lower down the revs.

Cool Iv been quoted £400 to get it fitted and mapped live on the rr Iv got a aem cai, supersprint bpipe and spoon n1 so wouldnt get as much gains as you.

Just dont know if the gains would be worth the money was told to expect between 210 - 220bhp but that wont be at the wheel would it?

Most people only look at teh top figure when asking about mods and the like, but this isnt always the best figure to go on.

For instance, your peak ower my only be a 10 bhp increase, but you will find, especially with a re-map (ECU) you will get teh biggest increases are lower down the rev range. You may be getting say 180bhp at 6000rpm but with a few mods and a remap you will hitting maybe 195bhp at that rev range and a big chunk of torque also.

So dont always look at the peak power figure when looking for improved power.

A remap is a great mod and will give you alot of extra power all across teh rev range, i'd say its the best mod to do and will give you the biggest power increase to £'s.

My re-map cost me £500 fitted and mapped by mark at rapid gb in northampton.. job well done i'd say..

re-map made all the difference as car was running realy sluggish before but now i love it

Tak198181... I just been reading the above posts and interested in doing the re-map. As far as im aware rapid gb is no longer is there any other places?

I'm planning going down to Aberdeen soon to Wallace Performance for a Dastek piggyback ECU (unichip) and remap

Been quoted £500 supplied and fitted and mapped, and that includes 2 power runs, one before and one after

Seen a guy on ITR-DC5 who's DC5 was 226bhp with an exhaust and filter, and it was 249bhp after a Dastek and remap

I would be delighted with 240bhp but realistically the car is probably running less power than standard as the fuel up my way is sh*te, so really i'll be delighted with a 20bhp increase over whatever power it is running at the moment

Unichip does work and works very well. I have had my mine for about 5 years now and I can't fault it. Much more torque at low revs and vtec pulls harder. I haven't noticed any fuel consumption differences but most people aren't too bothered about this.

It isn't as comprehensive as K100/KPro in that it doesn't let the tuner do as much so if you're thinking about other mods later you're better off getting a K100/KPro. But if you just want a plug and play and probably limit yourself to breathing mods then Unichip is pretty good for the price.

Sounds promising! Can't wait to get mine

Had one on my 106 Rallye and it worked well, gained 21bhp with the Dastek, 4 branch manifold, filter, backbox, Kent cam & vernier pulley...which is decent for a 1.6 8v

I've just been quoted £600 all in from Circuit Motors as it's only 15mins drive from mine. Hopefully get it done next month :)

whats £100 when you spending £600 already ?

16% of the total cost extra.

It's not like its an extra tenner.

Agreed I rather spend the extra on K100, but the K100 is still the more expensive option.

If you can get hold of a second hand k100 thats about £400 then a new map is around the £200 mark i thought

Most mappers charge about £200/£250 for a touch up map.

Not sure what a full road and RR tuned map is now.

I paid £750 for my K100 and full road and RR map about 3 years ago now.

Back