• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unknown ECU mod.

quick question everyone. my vtec engages early and the engine will go past 8800. so i know something has been done to the ecu. is there a visual check i can do to see what?
charlie

Yeah on the side.

Well at least you've eliminated the chance of you being lucky enough to have a kpro / k100 fitted.

ha yeah that would have been too good to be true! any ideas on what it could be? just a reflash?

Don't know mate but IMO I would seek out an OEM ECU or a K100.

You don't know what setting are in the ECU and dare I say it whether it's safe or not.

Sure you'll be fine, but if it were me...

well a k100 was on the list anyway. must admit i hadnt thought about the engine safety side of things though.

already had a look on google couldnt find anything helpfull, although it was a very quick scan. rare that i go past 8000 to be honest but wont be taking it any higher untill i at least get it checked out, or preferably get a k100 in.

Here's a picture of a kpro from a k20 based engine, you can see the usb port on the opposite side to where the standard connections are

kpro_inside.jpg

You won't be able to see if its got a k100 unless you take the ECU out of the car and take the top cover off, you'd then see the extra board (similar to the kpro but without the usb port)

good pic thank you looks like ** have to take it out and have a proper look then. are there any issues in doing this i should be aware of?
and off topic walkden noticed your location as Tarleton, thats near Bank isnt it? i work over that way.

yes thats pretty much the vtec range, thanks for that. would i have to take the ecu out to check? it says on the link it can be retuned so im guessing hondata hardware has been installed? if so what?

Back