• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unsilenced centre pipe or backbox?

Hi,

New around here. Recently bought a Red 2004 EP3 and want some more noise (car came with K&N) and was wondering between the above 2 which would give more noise?

2.5 inch unsilenced bpipe and standard back box makes a fair amount of noise, how loud do you want to be ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it loud, I don't do any long journeys really - my commute is only 3 miles each way! I will be adding which ever I don't get at a later date when money allows. A unsilenced b-pipe seem the cheapest option.

Made my car sound completely different mate. There is a guy that lives in my village with a CTR he has a big and I mean big back box and I don't think the noise level is much different between them. I must stress *** with mine it's not loud at all until you give it some revs. Sitting at 30 not loud you can hear it but not loud

Good point I'd not thought about before. I guess a deep tone more which I'm guessing would point towards a back box? Seen a unsilenced b-pipe for £81.00 on ebay brand new, can't go wrong for that price surely?

That sounds about right, I got mine done custom stainless steel for £80

If you want a really loud deep tone, get unsilenced centre pipe and a back box, or if money is an issue, sounds like just a backbox would meet your requirements

What's the recommended unsilenced b pipe to go for? Got a budget of around £100 and want to mate it to a stock backbox.

With that budget I would get a new sportex 2.5" b pipe or look out for a used stainless one.
But I have had the sportex one and was great value for the money. £80 delivered off ebay or something like that

With that budget I would get a new sportex 2.5" b pipe or look out for a used stainless one.
But I have had the sportex one and was great value for the money. £80 delivered off ebay or something like that

Cheers, bagged one locally for £60. Bought in error by an owner of a 5dr sport. Don't suppose you know the part numbers for the gaskets and bolts that I will need to fit it?

90212-SA5-003 - Self locking 10mm bolt
18230-SV4-000 - Exhaust spring
18231-SR3-A22 - Flexi joint bolt

18393-SH3-S00 - gasket pre-chamber
18229-S6D-T91 – gasket

The sportex has a smaller section of pipe welded into the end that mates up with the standard back box so the standard gaskets will work. I got mine fitted locally for £20 including all the gaskets and screws (non-honda obviously) but as the fixings alone came to more from honda I was happy.

I didnt realise that, you cant really tell from their demo photos online! Any idea what size gasket I will need then? The price of the sportex seems to have gone up since it used to be around £65 according to previous posts... So debating whether to just get a custom stainless steel one done, can't imagine it costing much more than the £80 pricetag of the sportex now and it will do the same job whilst being stainless steel?

Do genuine gaskets really matter for this part of the exhausts...?

I wouldn't say genuine gaskets make much difference between mid and back box. Afraid I don't know what size they are off the top of my head but if you search the p/n akingcool posted for you it should say somewhere.

Back