• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unsilenced mugen twin loop

Mugen twin loop seems to have those who love it with subtle distant noise and not too loud
Those who take it off is due to not loud enough

how would it sound running an unsilenced b pipe with it?
currently have a rm01a fuji

Im sure a standard b pipe wont fit with the twin loop, so you would need to either go custom or have the silencer chopped out for straight pipe.
But really not much point with the design of the "twin loop" on the back box, might as well get that chopped out and welded up too.
Then you end up with a decent system being bodged up.

Stick with the RM01a IMO

I have to agree with Jim here. Twinloop is designed to be sutle and open up a little in Vtec. Which I was looking for. :D

I have done this with a twin loop system and can confirm its a very nice sound.. Its not as loud as you would think or expect but makes a very very nice noise IMO. I must state that i did this on a 96 DC2 but cant be a million miles off the same sound. I had a custom 2.5 inch straight pipe made and kept the original mugen b-pipe in good condition after it was taken off.

Good luck finding a twin loop, the rarely turn up for sale second hand. You'll likely have to import one, either way twin loops are very expensive.

I have one already I picked up

b pipe needs fixing so thought maybe go custom 2.5" unsilenced with it

although I do like my Fuji but fancy giving the twinloop a try
Long run is I would like to run an exhaust manifold and feel the rm01a maybe too loud inside cabin with a decat

Rm01a isn't loud anyway, but I've heard the mugen has a nice distinct sound
but I see people swapping out twinloop due to being too quiet or not giving good gains

i think the rm01a from reading has good peak gains but mugen is good for low and mid range

Back